Stop Collision Polygon Resetting with re-import?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:59 pm

saving the coordinates would be awesome. Even if I set to bounding box, it doesn't stay there when I import a new sprite onto that frame.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

[QUOTE=Awakening] saving the coordinates would be awesome. Even if I set to bounding box, it doesn't stay there when I import a new sprite onto that frame.[/QUOTE]

I do an invisible mask and pin on the object, so, any change of the "animation" object will not replace your masks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

[QUOTE=TELLES0808] [QUOTE=Awakening] saving the coordinates would be awesome. Even if I set to bounding box, it doesn't stay there when I import a new sprite onto that frame.[/QUOTE]

I do an invisible mask and pin on the object, so, any change of the "animation" object will not replace your masks.[/QUOTE]

the problem with that is when you use collision with the dynamic animation, and collision with the mask for two different things.

For instance, my actual character sprite is used to determine the attack area, where the mask is the hitbox and collision area.
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am

I have the same problem with collision polygons.
Really a checkbox for not resetting would be nice.
Another worry i have is that collision polygon could not be outside the picture frame... So if i want it to be bigger i need to place bigger sprites...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 am

[QUOTE=Pakost] I have the same problem with collision polygons.
Really a checkbox for not resetting would be nice.
Another worry i have is that collision polygon could not be outside the picture frame... So if i want it to be bigger i need to place bigger sprites...[/QUOTE]

Overlap at offset is an option, but not for everything.
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General