stop music at the end of a layout ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Hey thanks for all the time you spend... i will spend time looking into it and hopefully learning the lessons...
The music to the "busker" layout wouldnt start though, or anything i added afterwards... does that mean that this system can only support a certain number of these ?

also is there a way not to restart the track untill the end of the level (that way people get to hear the whole songs as they retry with trial and error)

Its going to take me a while to learn this :P but music is sooo important to games...:P above graphics i think
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

ill get it, i just rush things to much :P gimme a day with it :P your right, if my layouts weren't such a clutter it would be easier :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:42 pm

[QUOTE=railslave] Hey thanks for all the time you spend... i will spend time looking into it and hopefully learning the lessons...
The music to the "busker" layout wouldnt start though, or anything i added afterwards... does that mean that this system can only support a certain number of these ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. There is no limit. I don't think I played to the busker level.You need to check to make sure that the load music events is included and that there is a correct row in the dictionary (which I think I put in.) Also you need to check to see if there are some other conflicting audio actions using the "music" tag.

If you don't figure it out, repost it and I'll look at it.

[QUOTE=railslave]
also is there a way not to restart the track untill the end of the level (that way people get to hear the whole songs as they retry with trial and error)
[/QUOTE]

Changing the specs on me, are you? I have to think about it. It'll take a change to the load music events sheet. But guess what! You only have to change it in one place to fix all of your layouts!kittiewan2012-06-14 23:43:29
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Okay, I changed it. Here is the new capx for my sample project

MusicDictionaryV2.capx

The only changes you need to make are to basically replace what is in the Load Music Events event sheet with what is in this new version. (Make sure you backup before you make the changes!)

Two global variables were added to the event sheet. ReloadLevelMusicAction is the one you change to affect the way reload is handled. If ReloadLevelMusicAction=0, the music restarts when the level is reloaded, if ReloadLevelMusicAction=1 the music continues when the level is reloaded.kittiewan2012-06-14 23:57:51
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks again, i think i finished that game now... it didnt quite work out the way i planned...the music didnt realy have the emotional impact ... its just plain strange :P i managed to work it out, i think i was the victim of my own spelling tbh ...so much easier the way you planned it , and cleaner :)

this is the finished product for now... the ending has changed... if you get there you might think oh wow... used alot of the internet in the game to pretty good retro effect :P ...https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84483952/the%20milk%20of%20ultra%20violet%20retail/index.html

ill will learn from your other posts , just making a shoot em up for a break ..."alien dolphin destroyers" even weirder :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:53 am

Congratulations on finishing a project. Even if it didn't turn out quite the way you hoped (and what does, really?) it's a major accomplishment!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?