Store listing still not successing on iOS

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi,

I make a new thread to recenter on my current problem with the store listing. This is the very last step I need to fix before publish my current project.

Can someone give me an explanation why in this capx the store listing never get a reply (not success, not failed)?

This is a part of my full project, but this is the first layout played (just as a test)

And why this project sees the store listing always being successful, even without login in?

This is a new project that I created, but I exported to the same folder, using the same intel-XDK project, with the same build options (adhoc), tested on the same device with the same way of login to a sandbox account.

In my normal (non test) code of the same project, the store listing fails (using phonegap IAP instead of C2 IAP)

For more informations about the problem, see this thread :

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I performed new tests, and here is what I noticed :

I deleted all layouts (but one) and all event sheets (but one) from my project, then I deleted all the conditions and actions from the remaining event sheet and all objects from the remaining layout. I reproduced exactly the second image in the previous post.

Exported, the store listing STILL gives no response with C2 IAP (not failed, not success) (note : with Phonegap IAP the result is "fail")

Then, I took the above mentionned capx and deleted ALL objects, plugins, music and sounds from the project, except IAP (C2), text and touch. And it worked out !

So the conclusion is that there is something in my project which stops IAP from working correctly.

Here is the list of what I am using :

AdmobAds

Audio

AudioHelper (external plugin)

Browser

Game Center

IAP

Keyboard

Touch

Mouse

LocalStorage (unused)

Webstorage

1 webfont (google font)

24 text objects

3 arrays

About 200 other objects

6 music (x2)

about 50 sounds (x2)

Any idea of what could be the problem? I don't have access to a mac before monday so I'm unable to make additional tests.

Ashley , are you aware of this problem?

Thanks!

• There is no technical reason other plugins would affect IAP - the IAP object works by itself without any interaction with any other objects at all. This sounds like it's just a mistake in your events.

• Ashley

You mean there could be an error in this code?

These are the only events in my test project.

The result I get from my tenths of hours of testing are driving me crazy. The above code can succeed or get no response depending on the circumstances.

The most useful test I did was to export the above code with all the plugins & object I mentionned above, but without any sound (only music). The store listing succeeded in this export. But if I only remove half the sounds or so, it fails (get no response)... I tried to remove the biggest sounds, then I tried to export my complete game project without any sound. It all fails.

Seriously, I don't know what to do right now. If someone wants to help me, please send me a private message and we can discuss about remuneration. I've lost more than 50 hours just exporting test files and have been trying everything possible and still have no clue of what's going on.

Anyone hinting me about the problem will have his name in the credits of Healer Quest, too.

• add : wait 3 secondes (for example) between add product ID and Request store listing

• matrixreal

Thanks for the idea. I tested it and here are the results :

C2 IAP without assets : success !

C2 IAP with assets : no response

Phonegap IAP without assets : failure

Phonegap IAP with assets : failure

Exactly the same than when I dont add the wait 3 seconds action.

I also tried to add a first empty layout, then just go to the test layout (with the simple event sheet I showed) after 2 seconds. The results are :

C2 IAP no assets : no response

C2 IAP with assets : no response

Phonegap IAP no assets : failure

Phonegap IAP with assets : failure

Now I'm thinking about something else : maybe is it mandatory to use Xcode to make the IAP to work? I never used it, I'm using Application Loader. Not sure it could be related to that...

• listen to me

its simple

on start of first layout (loading page) add product id "example" (and you add all the product id that you will use)

and after for example on shop page (layout)

when you touch a button then request store listing

when store listen success > buy product "example"

try it like that

finally what is the "assets" you use ?

• matrixreal

Thanks for your continuous help. I really appreciate it!

What you describe is very close to the workflow I made in my full game. The only difference is that the IDs are not added on the loading layout, but on the title screen layout (no possibility to make purchases on the title screen layout) and when request store listing is successful, I don't purchase a product but go to the shop layout (but I never reach the shop layout on iOS)

As a reminder, all the IAP system works wonder on Android, and I'm using the exact same code on iOS, so I really, really believe my events are correct (unless iOS and Android have different requirements event-wise, which I doubt).

Here is the assets & plugin list of my game :

AdmobAds

Audio

AudioHelper (external plugin)

Browser

Game Center

IAP

Keyboard

Touch

Mouse

LocalStorage (unused)

Webstorage

1 webfont (google font)

24 text objects

3 arrays

About 200 other objects

6 music (x2)

about 50 sounds (x2)

The only way for me to make "request store listing" successful in this code

is to delete all sounds and use C2 IAP. Even when I do so, it doesn't seem much reliable (sometimes it gets ne response at all)

If I wait 3 seconds between the "Add product IDs" and "request store listing", it doesn't change anything.

If I only delete SOME sounds, it gets no answer

If I create a first layout, wait 2 sec, then go to the layout of the above event sheet, it never gets a response, even when deleting all the sounds.

If I use Phonegap IAP, I get a response : FAILED. Every time (even when removing all sounds).

This just has no sense, I'm switching to another export method.

EDIT : just to be 100% sure I'll make a last test with exactly the workflow you propose, but I believe it will fail, too.

And FYI I opened a DTS incident on my Apple developer accoutn for this problem, here is Apple's reply :

"Let me first state that I do not support the implementation of the Construct 2 SDK. I do however, support the use of the iOS StoreKit API. As such, I can respond to the use of the StoreKit APIs and you will need to investigate how these API’s are implemented in the framework you are using. If this is not possible, then I will have to refer you to the developer of Construct 2 who in turn can contact me via a DTS incident."

So I don't think they can help either.

• i find it

just pm me

• matrixreal could you please help me here .....

as I am facing the same situation like rable did ?

if you can share some light on this topic publicly then it would really help me & others out !!!

• PMed you, matrixreal

Looking forward to know what you found

• matrixreal could you please help me here .....

as I am facing the same situation like rable did ?

if you can share some light on this topic publicly then it would really help me & others out !!!

I can't believe it! matrixreal solved my problem!

The "add product IDs" action need to be written like this : "product1,product2,product3,..." NOT like this : "product1, product2, product3, ..."

In other words, DON'T add spaces between the comma and the product while using PhonegapIAP for an iOS export, or the store listing won't work.

Can't believe I lost 2 months on this... Thanks a lot to matrixreal and everyone who helped!

• you're welcome

it took me 6 monthsto discover it

• That really worked but still while testing I am getting error in test mode while checking on IOS device ?

I am getting a IAP error code 4983503 while checking it one IOS device ......

Can anyone tell me is it common error while testing it in sandbox mode ? or am i doing something wrong ?

• Glad it it worked for you too.

I don't have any errors at the moment. Are you sure you are correctly logged with the sandbox account?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)