...store local data for apps vs. web (same same?)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi there,

uber quick question. I recently got some awesome help in understanding how to save data to a cookie to track a players progress in a game.

my question is...

when we make a game for say.. windows 8.. iOS etc.. do we still use this approach for saving local data to the devices?   does the cookie essentially get wrapped up in the game? or is there a totally different approach for making a game save data for apps that are not web based?

Thanks!
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

http://www.scirra.com/forum/save-game-on-mobile-device_topic58691.html

Should answer your question ;)

I did ponder this one myself but never really bothered since I only mess around with Construct 2 through a browser.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Yep web storage works the same way with CocoonJS and Awesomium. Web storage is not cookies though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Good to know cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:02 am

So the approach for store local (using cookies) doesn't carry over to apps? I guess the next step is to figure out how to write to csv.. and maybe a way to make the project smart enough to know when to support one or the other.. or maybe its easier to just make separate projects built off of one core version?

seems like there would be a single solution to help insure that porting to all available platforms is as seamless as possible.

Regardless, it's good to have an answer to the question! Thanks :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?