Strange behavior with variables.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:58 am

Hello, I do not understand this behavior that has C2 create a variable that was previously deleted.

In this gif you can see the following:
1 - It eliminates the variable named "variable2" and its reference in the OR block is automatically deleted - OK

2 - Copy the variable "variable3" and paste, automatically assigned the name "variable4" and AUTOMATICALLY appears again reference in the OR block - ???, I'm not sure this is appropriate behavior.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testVariable.capx

What do you think about this?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:19 am

Probably a bug with the undo's
Then again, copy and paste of a variable is a little iffy as well. I mean we all know you can't have a duplicate global variable to begin with.
Quick fix, don't let users do that.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:17 am

Report this as a bug so that Ashley can look into it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:09 pm

@Mirlas - Thank You for reporting this.

:o :o This is a bit dangerous bug if somehow you want to delete all actions & conditions concerning a variable by deleting the variable but decided to copy the variable before deleting the variable. And when you decide to paste the variable, this will make your entire project a mess. Good thing I didn't encounter this.

BTW (I like to share my experience with your .capx)... The bug also happen in these conditions.

1) With / Without the "Or Block".
2) Even just by copying the (to be deleted) variable and re-pasting the variable also produce a bug.
3)It also happens to any kind of variable names.
4)It also happens when dragging to duplicate variables.
5)It also happens even if the variable was deleted a long time ago.
6)The actions are also affected like the conditions.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General