Strange text formatting error

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hey guys, I had a weird error happen on this game I made and uploaded. On my friend's Mac on Firefox, what is usually black text on a white background with a button turned into this:

Any idea why this would happen? I have no idea where to even begin debugging this.

Also I wasn't sure where this should go, so I picked here in case this is a common issue. Thanks!

• are you sure that screen grab is from OSX? that button doesn't look like Mac..

a distorted screen like that I would normally say it's a graphics card or driver issue.

does it look the same on PC?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's definitely on a Mac using OSX and Firefox.

She hasn't had a problem with any other webpages that I know of. Maybe there's an example of a C2 game with text on it that i can send her way to see if it's screwed up.

Also, no. It's been tested with 4-5 people now and all of them were fine except for this one

• you can try the Arcade...

but it seems like it's her system that's the problem. Something to do with her graphics card. Have her try Safari or Chrome and see if it still show a distorted image.

does the game or app you made use WebGL or Canvas2D when she views it?

• Voting for jobel , had this issue once on my mac , gpu issue but not entirely , after i upgraded drivers and c2 it got fixed.

• you can try the Arcade...

but it seems like it's her system that's the problem. Something to do with her graphics card. Have her try Safari or Chrome and see if it still show a distorted image.

does the game or app you made use WebGL or Canvas2D when she views it?

I have the project set to enable WebGL. How would I know which it was using for rendering? Sorry if that's a basic question, I'm new at this.

• Make a Text Object

In an Every Tick Event do:

Set Text to

fps & " FPS (" & renderer & ") " & round(cpuutilisation * 100) & "% CPU utilisation"[/code:w341hqpw]
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)