Street Posse Showdown

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:52 am

I planned to do a update a bit later than this but finally the trailer has been completed.
So, without further delay, since the game have past the alpha stage a while back, I have put the game on Steam Greenlight.
If you like what you seen so far, please take the time to vote for it. Thanks in advance.

Trailer

Steam Greenlight Page

To celebrate the completion of the trailer, I have also pushed forward an updated demo, which features:
  • Instead of just skin color selection during randomization of generic characters, I have implemented hair color selection too, instead of just everyone having brown hair.
  • During character creation, the player options are increased by a great deal in selecting appearance due to me unloading every character assets that I have created so far into the demo.
  • Game load instantly instead of having a loading bar during the start of the game. That was because I am preloading the audio assets beforehand. That is stupid and unneeded since the audio assets are right there with the game, not half a world with high ping away. Changed the setup to streaming, as it should originally be.
  • Some small fixes and improvements.

Currently, the game development will be on hold for a short while so I can make an effort for my game to clear Steam Greenlight.
This is will be hard since turn based tactics game is pretty niche and the pixel art graphics is not improving my game chances either.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:45 am

It has been a while since I posted an update.
There are a lot of things changed and improved since the last update.
You can experience it yourself by downloading the updated demo from the first post.
Chapter 1 still haven't finished yet due to previous development efforts were shifted to the changes shown in this update.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:03 am

it amazed me!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 am

Looks great! I especially like that art style!
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:42 am

Just finished more stuff.
This is what that have been completed after the last update.

As usual, the updated demo is available here:
https://furiousgamer87.itch.io/street-posse-showdown
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Everything is going pretty slow as the game is currently undergoing a large scale graphic overhaul.
The native resolution of the game is currently going from 480x270 to 640x320.
The intent behind the move is to give more screen real estate for the UI elements to use.

For its effect in the battlefield, it should be a nice balance between SRPG close up sprites and Western CRPG stickmen.
Moreover, while pixel art is still being used, the style is changed from painting to pop-up style which make key gameplay sprites and features more visible.
Character models are changed from my own OC to Tactics Ogre inspired designs since it look far better than my previous ones.

Moreover, a relationship mechanic is introduced into the game. Characters that risk their lives together often will naturally bond together over time. Or hate each other.
In battle, characters grant people they like or treasure, bonuses when they are nearby them and attempt to sabotage people they hate or dislike when those assholes dared to step near them.
Naturally, better relationship will also introduce new story content, especially for NPCs.
Two warnings however.
First, everyone hate being the "acceptable casualty" for an AoE attack.
Second, this mechanic not only apply to your characters, but also the enemies, especially in later parts of the game.

While the chapter 1 is nearly finished, the early access release will be delayed until the overhaul is finished.

Here's a gif of a revamped UI for your viewing pleasure.

B
S
G

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Wow, this is a very impressive project. I tried to make a similar project (isometric tower defense with RPG elements) but I ran into a lot of roadblocks like managing scrolling windows, keeping focus on the mouse so under-window elements aren't clicked, etc. I'm curious as to how you tackled these issues.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Mylon wrote:Wow, this is a very impressive project. I tried to make a similar project (isometric tower defense with RPG elements) but I ran into a lot of roadblocks like managing scrolling windows, keeping focus on the mouse so under-window elements aren't clicked, etc. I'm curious as to how you tackled these issues.

Repeated trial and error. You can't escape that when making anything.

And repeated code review to improve the entire user experience.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 am

Another solid project made with Construct2. Programming wise I can tell this took a lot of work because one I started programming a progression system in my game the complexity went up. Your game is like final fantasy tactics as far as style of play. Keep up the good work!!
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 12, 2016 6:30 pm

I ask because it was a pain in the butt just making a scrollable window.

I ended creating 2 layers dedicated to the window and using the Blend Mode of "source atop" so that the list is only drawn when over the inner window. All of the items in the menu are pinned to a sprite that is moved based on the position of the scroll widget. Took me a long while to get the implementation right and clearly there are still some flaws with my method:

It really feels like Construct 2 needs better GUI support for games that want to display large amounts of information.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests