StuffGEN - object maker, made with C2

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:35 am

@spacedoubt lol, thank you. The funny thing is that I honestly have no artistic ability whatsoever. I owe all the credit for the designs to the application.

@somebody I'm not sure if you already have it in line for the next update or not but I would like to request a trapezoid shape.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:34 pm

This is some brilliant stuff! Really fun to use and efficient.

Really wish you could play with the look of the occlusion, maybe a brightness/contrast filter with the effects already on C2?
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Hey, @kraed, thanks for the kind words.

From what I see FX tend to produce artifacts, especially when going extra bright, etc. But I intend to include a good bunch of different part sets which would help with achieving different looks.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Another update, check it out:

• Improved - Went through everything and cleaned up most lose ends in the code. Optimized several things.
  • Improved - Removed the confusing reset button.
  • Improved - The grid is now a little more opaque, the center a little more pronounced and yet less distracting.
  • NEW - New selection display system, a good deal better - now future proof, as it uses the same assets. It now shows the outline of the object no matter how deep under the others it is. Also, and this isn't perfect yet, it lowers in opacity the deeper the object.
  • NEW - Set canvas size (within the grid for now, but this promises a bigger grid soon). Click the canvas edit button and edit the canvas (green rectangle) just like the objects (same controls).

Just hard refresh the link from the first post to try it.

Known issues - cannot load an object a second time, unless something else was loaded before that. Please help: why-does-this-only-work-once-filechooser-ajax-and-array_t122124

Mini poll: I'd like to rename the project ObGEN as that better relates it's purpose and is pronounced in a similar way. Is the risk of immature jokes too big? :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Some of my favorite NES characters, StuffGEN style!

example16.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:44 am

Somebody wrote:Mini poll: I'd like to rename the project ObGEN as that better relates it's purpose and is pronounced in a similar way. Is the risk of immature jokes too big? :D

The risk is quite large.. I'm not sure I can stop myself from sticking one in even as I type this... 8-)
Personally, I like the name StuffGEN.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:37 am

i like the name StuffGen also.
It makes the app a low entry level.
Which is good, and stuff implies "multiple" objects.
The imature part "to me" was only there when u said it in the mini poll.
Yes i like this app, not just because i can create an object with it, but because it brings me allot of Stuff for my games in a graphicle equalised manner.
I vote for more Stuff in stuffgen ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Well, sounds like the brand's been established then :) StuffGEN it is.

Great things are up ahead, here's a little taste:

It's growing a bit bigger, hopefully you have got HD screens. Proper selecting of things just like you would expect from an editor - Tab forward, Shift-Tab back, selection rectangles, Shift-select to add or remove. Just some of the upcoming features.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello, posting just to give you encouragement, you're doing a great job, helps us to know not draw, I think it has great potential.

Here my car for my next game xd (Sorry for my English ):

B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Dont know if u already thought about this, but dropbox saving & loading (as a option) makes cloud storage possible for those who need it.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests