Submitting to Firefox Apps

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Disregard this, setting the mime type apparently did work.

I tried submitting my Pucked game to Firefox's App store, and failed validation with:
---
Your app failed validation with 1 error.
Manifests must be served with the HTTP header "Content-Type: application/x-web-app-manifest+json". See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Apps/Manifest#Serving_manifests for more information.
---
in the validation details:
---
JSON Parse Error
Error: The webapp extension could not be parsed due to a syntax error in the JSON.
Manifests must be served with the HTTP header "Content-Type: application/x-web-app-manifest+json". See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Apps/Manifest#Serving_manifests for more information.
---

edit: I tried adding the mime type to my web.config file:
<staticContent>
<mimeMap fileExtension=".jps" mimeType="image/x-jps" />
<mimeMap fileExtension=".ogg" mimeType="audio/ogg" />
<mimeMap fileExtension=".m4a" mimeType="audio/mp4" />
<mimeMap fileExtension=".webapp" mimeType="application/x-web-app-manifest+json" />
</staticContent>

on the offchance it just wasn't seeing it, but that made no difference. (unless I'm doing that wrong.)
Paradox2013-01-14 00:28:52
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 am

Closing, don't forget to read the documentation on how to export an open web app which covers this.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 am

@Ashley, I tried to click on help in the exporter in Construct2 but it took me to the Scirra home page, so I thought it wasn't written yet.

and now I click on it and it works fine. Figures.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

@Paradox - manual entries and tutorials are only written around the stable release, so the link wouldn't have gone anywhere until r114.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs