Subscription Pricing Alternative

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 pm

@X3M I am pretty sure that @tom made it clear that if you miss paying the rent, you no longer can edit your projects until you do so. You will be running the free demo version instead. And if your project exceeds the limitations (which it most certainly will), the editor will lock you out of it - putting your whole enterprise on hiatus until further payment. :?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 pm

What happens when you don't pay the electric bill? :o
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:37 am

X3M wrote:You will still be able to use your offline version even if you don't plan to renew, but you won't be able to access the cloud services such as exporters etc...
Other than that, they aren't changing the payment method.

What I am suggesting is that you can continue to use the full versions of offline exporters and all other offline features that were in the last version one downloaded when the subscription was active. (The updates to these exporters and other new features would not be available because the new version would need an active subscription to download.)
Last edited by ethanpil on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 am

ethanpil wrote:What I am suggesting is that you can continue to use the full versions of offline exporters and all other offline features that were in the last version one downloaded when the subscription was active. (The updates to these exporters and other new features would not be available because the new version would need an active subscription to download.)

Updates include bug fixes which makes the legality of that arguable.
You can't license something and not have a working product.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:49 am

newt wrote:What happens when you don't pay the electric bill? :o

Software is not analogous to electricity.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:29 am

JMSNorthern wrote:

Try running a business and not paying some bills.
Im sure you'll see a correlation eventually.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:52 am

newt wrote:
JMSNorthern wrote:

:roll:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 am

newt wrote:
JMSNorthern wrote:

You're on a roll. Next are you going to remark on how money doesn't grow on trees?

Let's get right to it - my issue with your post was that there are far more productive ways to disabuse people on here against the currently proposed subscription model of the error of their beliefs than to troll their threads with facile one-liner nonsense.

I'm unable to imagine that you actually believe you just made a coherent argument that you have an interest in defending, rather, I gather your priorities lie more in attempting to deliver verbal put downs against your antagonists. So long as that's the case, as has already been noted, obliging you would be asinine.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:58 am

JMSNorthern wrote:
You're on a roll. Next are you going to remark on how money doesn't grow on trees?

Let's get right to it - my issue with your post was that there are far more productive ways to disabuse people on here against the currently proposed subscription model of the error of their beliefs than to troll their threads with facile one-liner nonsense.

I'm unable to imagine that you actually believe you just made a coherent argument that you have an interest in defending, rather, I gather your priorities lie more in attempting to deliver verbal put downs against your antagonists. So long as that's the case, as has already been noted, obliging you would be asinine.

Well here's another one.
Only time will tell.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:03 am

Done here, moving on.
B
S
G

PreviousNext