Subscription Pricing Alternative

Post » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Zonacas wrote:I think people have power
If people do not support subscriptions, it will force Scirra to reconsider the situation
I'm not going to support the subscriptions system, I was willing to pay much more but to buy, rent? no thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
not my $99 sorry... my last day here is when they stop update C2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 am

Scirra should compete like crazy if they want to succeed with that rental model.

Right now the export process will be improved, but using the same old wrappers will result in the same old slow under performing and over sized apk games.
That really makes it fall far behind all the other game engines on the market- if the intent is making mobile games.
If it can't export an apk that runs at normal speed - the same speed that you get when play testing - It's still just a toy for prototyping.

From my point of view - that sort of makes the rental price crazy as a proposal. You can buy a lifetime license for almost the same amount for an engine with event sheet even - that does export to native android apk - no wrappers needed.

Even stencyl- which has the same license doesnt need wrappers to create an apk.

Even with a nicer to use editor - if the end result is slow or broken, it's really not competitive on the game engines market.
You have to be either biased or blind to choose it over the competition.
:)

If scirra comes up with a wrapper that is tiny and fast - they might have a chance. Otherwise the target user will continue to be hobbyists or people who just want it for prototyping - people who cant justify spending 99$ per year for something that gets them less or no income in return
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am

Sorry, but I also will not to be purchasing Construct 3 now its gone the subscription route. For companies releasing lots of apps, its a bargain. However for hobbiest like myself, I just cant justify it. Was really looking forward to it too. :D

Unfortunately, the subscription will push people onto alternatives (such as GameMaker Studio 2 and various others) though I do understand Scirra decision to do it and create a steady income for themselves. I suspect they have already factored in losing a reasonably high percentage of users but I wish them the best. Construct really is an impressive tool.
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

For the next 5 years me using C3 that will be $500 and I unfortunately do not see myself earning money with making games. (though I am trying)

I would prefer to see the price for Personal Use go down to $50 a year.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:41 pm

As much as I love C2, I cannot and will not pay for a subscription service on principle. You have lost a customer and I suspect not just the one.
B

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:04 pm

This post has no meaning because they just post these "cloud services" are actually google drive / one drive / dropbox. The same we already have with C2. http://www.scirra.com/blog/191/saving-l ... onstruct-3

How do you like this subscription now?
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Actually, saving the project locally to your system folder for Dropbox would be better than saving it via the web interface.
It would sync on its own, out of sight.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 pm

from tom close my post that was strike 3 out for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 am

Not only are Scirra trying to shaft loyal customers by switching to a rip off subscription service, they are also getting the mods to delete posts if anyone complains.

Bad practice man.. really shoddy.

I hope people go buy Fusion 3 and GMS2 and let C3 sink.. until the devs wake the hell up and give us a one time price to buy the software.
B

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:02 am

Do Gamemaker 2 buyers get a discount if they bought the first version?

I wonder how that averages out per year of use.

299 for an export module?

When is Gamemaker 3 due?

Sorry I aint so goodly at math.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion