Successful IPhone and Android games made with C2 (UPDATE) 2018 (New)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Here are some

1) beast-attack-googleplay-200-000-downloads_t148655

(android front page feature) 500,000 + downloads

2) rescuers-featured-in-best-new-games-on-app-store-games_t171553

(Iphone front page feature)

3) ignatius-atmospheric-puzzle-platformer_t169161

1 million - 5 million Downloads Epic amounts!!

4) artillerists-needs-your-help-on-steam-greenlight_t161596

Over 100,000 downloads in a short time for android another success story for Construct2

5) lunar-mission-ios-amp-android_t124392

This game has gotten over 100,000 downloads in just a few weeks on pace to reach a million at this point. Another game has gotten success with Construct 2 software!!

6)Last of Survivors has been featured on IGN and already has 80,ooo Downloads

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... vors&hl=en

7) Cluckles adventure with over 250,000 downloads on Iphone and quickly rising shows Construct 2 is a pro tool

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cluckle ... mpt=uo%3D4 IOS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kles&hl=en Android

8) Heart Box-Physics Puzzle : 100,000 downloads on googleplay and one of the best puzzle games avalible

Googleplay

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s.heartbox

IOS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heart-b ... 1090679236

WindowsPC

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... blggh69kp9

Update:

Not on android yet but Mortar Melon reached 1 million downloads on PC and is now on Wii U store

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/8E ... wgS5WE4xqz

Why hasn't Ashley or Tom made a mobile showcase section is weird to me but Iam sure the new members of the dev team will get to this soon. Iam finally back after a layoff and refreshed ready to make more games and Iam tired of people saying Construct2 isn't a serious tool. If your a android developer with a game that has been featured or has over 50,000 downloads please post your game link.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wrong forum, moved.

Also I'm pretty sure topics on the subject already exists.

Let people say what they want about the software and just making games is the best way to go about things.

I doubt that Scirra's new JavaScript developer's role will be to make showcase of games.

• Wrong forum, moved.

Also I'm pretty sure topics on the subject already exists.

Let people say what they want about the software and just making games is the best way to go about things.

I doubt that Scirra's new JavaScript developer's role will be to make showcase of games.

Your right there are topics I check since I haven't been on in a couple of months. I figured since C2 is in competition with other game making software there should be an updated showcase showing what C2 can do. The excuse of just let people think what they think honestly would sound lazy to anyone. How hard can it be to add more successful games to a showcase??

• Well time you dedicate to check out games, gather and curate them is not time spent on working improving the product itself.

And it is not a requisite to have such a "showcase". And anyway people will talk no matter how really informed they are.

Those are the realities of any business.

• Updated the thread with Artillerist game which has over 100,000 downloads in just a couple of weeks. Iam so proud of the developer MikeMS proving yet again that you can make successful games with Construct 2. If any threads pop up asking if Construct2 is a proffessional tool please post the link to this thread.

• Updated the thread with Artillerist game which has over 100,000 downloads in just a couple of weeks. Iam so proud of the developer MikeMS proving yet again that you can make successful games with Construct 2. If any threads pop up asking if Construct2 is a proffessional tool please post the link to this thread.

Thanks! But game gets 100000 download for more time than a couple of weeks. -))) Couple of weeks ago thats was just an update of the game, not a release

• > Updated the thread with Artillerist game which has over 100,000 downloads in just a couple of weeks. Iam so proud of the developer MikeMS proving yet again that you can make successful games with Construct 2. If any threads pop up asking if Construct2 is a proffessional tool please post the link to this thread.

>

Thanks! But game gets 100000 download for more time than a couple of weeks. -))) Couple of weeks ago thats was just an update of the game, not a release

Still its an amazing success story breaking the 100,000 barrier. How many total downloads do you have ?

• >

> > Updated the thread with Artillerist game which has over 100,000 downloads in just a couple of weeks. Iam so proud of the developer MikeMS proving yet again that you can make successful games with Construct 2. If any threads pop up asking if Construct2 is a proffessional tool please post the link to this thread.

> >

> Thanks! But game gets 100000 download for more time than a couple of weeks. -))) Couple of weeks ago thats was just an update of the game, not a release

>

Still its an amazing success story breaking the 100,000 barrier. How many total downloads do you have ?

About 160.000 at this moment.

• Impressive, how is it with earnings from adsense ect when your app has over 100,000 downloads? Should be a monthly income?

• Impressive, how is it with earnings from adsense ect when your app has over 100,000 downloads? Should be a monthly income?

From reading the thread when he had 10,000-50,000 downloads his profit was $100-$150 per month. Right now he has 160,000 downloads so his profit should be triple that a month or maybe more.

• Must mention that more than a half of this downloads is from Russia and Ukraine (here profit from iap and ads much lower). Less than 5% of downloads - is from USA. And this is very sad, I can't find or understand how to effectively let people know about my game in country like US... It looks like all channels of ads is closed and opens only if you have huge amount of bucks...

Maybe someone can give me a link on a good tutorial how to advert game? Thanks!

• > Impressive, how is it with earnings from adsense ect when your app has over 100,000 downloads? Should be a monthly income?

>

From reading the thread when he had 10,000-50,000 downloads his profit was $100-$150 per month. Right now he has 160,000 downloads so his profit should be triple that a month or maybe more.

~30,000 downloads and only $150 a month? That's a horrible ad revenue

• Which ad systems have you had success with Triforce?

• ~30,000 downloads and only $150 a month? That's a horrible ad revenue

It depends on the game. AD revenue doesn't fit every game. 30.000 downloads with maybe 1$ per CPM would still only be just $30 if all those players saw an AD on average 5 times. Sounds about right.

ADs is a terrible monetization choice unless your game has a long life. Fit's well on games that has a long life time, like candycrush, angrybirds etc, where you expect people play daily, for a long time. If you're making a game that you can finish in an hour / couple of hours, then never play again, AD's is the lousiest way to earn money. It doesn't matter if your game has 1 Million downloads you will never earn a lot if the player only sees a couple of ads during the whole playthrough, then uninstall.

I think many devs think Free with Ads fits every game, and they can get a lot of downloads and earn a lot of money, but it all depends on the game. You have to design your game around the monetization model to have them coming back and play over and over, otherwize Ad's is useless.

Or let's turn it around.... Let's say you earn $1 per CPM, that means ONE player has to see 1000 ads in order for you to earn $1 from that player. If your game is fun enough and the player sees on average maybe 10 ads every time he plays. He has to play your game 100 times, for you to earn one lousy dollar from this player.

I think the reason many games don't earn a lot is because the choose the wrong way to earn money for their games. Ad's can be very lucrative if you're game is a hit, and your game is designed for people to play daily. But if not, choose different monitization models. IAP's or just simply sell your game for 99cent would earn you way more than AD's if your game is short, and you don't expect your player to play your game during a long period.

• Triforce and

tunepunk your 100% right on the mark!! His game actually is doing very well with ADs. The reason is because the type of game he made is not just a pickup and play but goals oriented game with many missions. That keeps users coming back for more, including myself.

You need to give players a reason they should come back to the game. Thats why instead of jumping in to make a game you have to think about what can your game feature to keep users coming back. Also means you have to learn the toughest parts of Construct2 which is the various save features. If you game has stuff like in game shop to upgrade your hero , missions screen with various missions, or in game achivements so people can unlock various achievements without internet connects. Basically you need to give the player alternate goals to complete in the game, that gets players hooked to keep playing and unlocking stuff within the game.

For example right now I been working on a game and added a missions section. In this section you have various missions to complete in the game to unlock the checkmarks. Stuff like how many enemies you defeated, total powerups collected in game, highscore etc. This will keep the players coming back because players always have the need to unlock everything in the game.

I know programming all types of various save features can be mind numbing. I found it tedious to do the missions screen but its a very important feature to keep players hooked. In the past I was lazy about it but I realized all these things add up to a great product.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)