Such a success Kickstarter project

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Yup, Cosmochoria's success is really inspirational! But also at the same time, very humbling.

I need some honest opinions from other devs and gamers.

This is my current probject, summed up in one blog post: http://halfgeekstudios.wordpress.com/20 ... ck-glance/

Have a look and see if you think its worthy of an attempt at Kickstarter, I'd like to spend some extra time and add lots more missions, systems and put in nice "talking heads" for story mission dialog as well as random encounters.

Also I'd like to remake it with better graphics and higher resolution BGs along with using WebGL special effects for a PC release. So, good potential or its rubbish not worthy of bothering people about?
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Silverforce wrote:Yup, Cosmochoria's success is really inspirational! But also at the same time, very humbling.

I need some honest opinions from other devs and gamers.

This is my current probject, summed up in one blog post: http://halfgeekstudios.wordpress.com/20 ... ck-glance/

Have a look and see if you think its worthy of an attempt at Kickstarter, I'd like to spend some extra time and add lots more missions, systems and put in nice "talking heads" for story mission dialog as well as random encounters.

Also I'd like to remake it with better graphics and higher resolution BGs along with using WebGL special effects for a PC release. So, good potential or its rubbish not worthy of bothering people about?


I love all of it, but the story needs more mystery.

You are a once-wealthy trader, out of luck and in debt due to a calculated risk (and nasty pirates!) that went wrong… Your debtors offered a great deal to wipe clean your debts, but they require you to fly a capable ship before proceeding with the mission. You start out in an obsolete tin-can trade ship, the Nomad.


How about ( after fixing some grammar errors :D ):
You - once-wealthy trader, self confident and with attitude, under unlucky and mysterious set of events, have lost everything you've worked for. Ending up in massive debt, you take any job just to pay it back to rebuild your confidence and your company. And it seams that fortunes are turning for you - your own debtors are willing to give you a new ship and send you out for missions, in exchange for your repaying your debt.


Player meets other are other pilots, who used to be traders that went bankrupt, and now are working for the company. But they disappear one by one, and player is being told that they just failed while doing their mission. Then you find out that there are aliens leaving the debt company headquarters. Then the story could make a turn and the player finds out that those debtors are manipulating traders in order to make them their own slaves. And at the end player would find out that the whole debt company is set up by alien traders, that want to monopolize the universe by getting rid of their competitors.


If you like it, feel free to do whatever you want with it :D I just came up with it on the go.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
89
S
30
G
22
Posts: 1,985
Reputation: 20,099

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:35 pm

@megatronx Thanks

My original story (Intro text scrolling in-game):
----------------------
A distant sector recently colonized is left stranded when the Jump Point to Sol Sector collapsed.

Stranded, people held on to hope, but as time went on, hope faded. Necessity forced human ingenuity and endeavor to rise up.

A hundred years have passed, the "Wildlands" sector is flourishing with wealth.

However, wealth breeds corruption and resentment.

Two major factions, the Yamada Defense Conglomerate and the United Security Corporation, have laid claims to the sector.

Amidst the chaos, you are a thriving merchant, trading in all manner of goods.

Your last haul was a contract for Zenith, the largest corporate entity in the sector. It was meant to be a simple delivery of precious R&D cargo to the New Kyoto system.

But a massive fleet battle between the Yamada and the USC had the Junction system locked down. You risked a detour through pirate-infested Epsilon. It was a bad choice.

Your ship was captured, the cargo looted, but (some) luck was smiling and you drifted back to civilized space in a life-capsule. You owe Zenith vast sums as compensation, your life's savings, gone.

You struck a deal with Zenith, they give you an obsolete trade ship, the Nomad, and you work your way up again to repay the debt.
----------------------------------

Storyline is complex and the player will find out more as the do missions. Eventually they can pick a side to finish the game with two different endings.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Silverforce wrote:@megatronx Thanks

My original story (Intro text scrolling in-game):
----------------------
A distant sector recently colonized is left stranded when the Jump Point to Sol Sector collapsed.

Stranded, people held on to hope, but as time went on, hope faded. Necessity forced human ingenuity and endeavor to rise up.

A hundred years have passed, the "Wildlands" sector is flourishing with wealth.

However, wealth breeds corruption and resentment.

Two major factions, the Yamada Defense Conglomerate and the United Security Corporation, have laid claims to the sector.

Amidst the chaos, you are a thriving merchant, trading in all manner of goods.

Your last haul was a contract for Zenith, the largest corporate entity in the sector. It was meant to be a simple delivery of precious R&D cargo to the New Kyoto system.

But a massive fleet battle between the Yamada and the USC had the Junction system locked down. You risked a detour through pirate-infested Epsilon. It was a bad choice.

Your ship was captured, the cargo looted, but (some) luck was smiling and you drifted back to civilized space in a life-capsule. You owe Zenith vast sums as compensation, your life's savings, gone.

You struck a deal with Zenith, they give you an obsolete trade ship, the Nomad, and you work your way up again to repay the debt.
----------------------------------

Storyline is complex and the player will find out more as the do missions. Eventually they can pick a side to finish the game with two different endings.



hehe, cool :D
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
89
S
30
G
22
Posts: 1,985
Reputation: 20,099

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 pm

All very impressive! There's hope yet for us mortals...
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
74
S
20
G
71
Posts: 2,228
Reputation: 44,888

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:57 am

Sorry ive been so vacant... shits been hard to keep up on all fronts. Just wanted to report that the Wii U stretch goal was met this afternoon and we (as in the backers and I haha) are going full steam ahead on the Wii U version of the game!

Exciting times. I feel a little out of my league, but honestly, loving every minute of it.

Thank you all so much for the support, and even more for the pledges to help make my dream a reality. It wont be forgotten. :) xoxoxo

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/na ... osmochoria
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
27
S
8
G
3
Posts: 384
Reputation: 5,020

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:37 am

80bit wrote:~~~

Thank you all so much for the support, and even more for the pledges to help make my dream a reality. It wont be forgotten. :) xoxoxo

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/na ... osmochoria


Awesome news on blowing it out of the water on Kickstarter! I can only hope to reach your level of success! Congratulations!
B
103
S
38
G
19
Posts: 962
Reputation: 17,996

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 1:29 am

Radio the universe asked for 10k got like 70, it was made in CC
B
42
S
17
G
17
Posts: 2,247
Reputation: 17,461

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 3:21 am

@Whiteclaws looks great, is this game on steam greenlight?
B
63
S
12
G
6
Posts: 456
Reputation: 8,981

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 pm

@russpussy, this game was made a long time ago I thin even before C2 , but no news from it lately, fear it died
B
42
S
17
G
17
Posts: 2,247
Reputation: 17,461

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests