Sudden spam resurgence?

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:52 pm

I noticed that since the forum update there's been a lot more spam coming up on the forums lately by users like "drebeats" and "rglmorgretmars", however it seems fairly contained everywhere aside of the CC subforums.

Has there always been this much spam and it's just a matter of people not reporting it, or did something change in the spam prevention code?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm

I think some was related to the post/rep limitation not being in place the first two days after the update.
Been fixed now from what I can tell.

And yes, without it we'd be spammed silly on a daily basis.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm

I saw a spammer who had a 2 year old account and enough rep to post links, and he had only authenticated.
My guess is they figured out how to create bogus account with lots of rep.
Seen many many spam posts (reporded) problem is that some of these guys are copying and pasting entire websites in with links and all - including maleware. My scanners have screamed at me 3 times today.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:10 pm

I have a feeling a lot of it is because the spammers bots are made specifically for phpBB
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:22 pm

DUTOIT wrote:I saw a spammer who had a 2 year old account and enough rep to post links, and he had only authenticated.
My guess is they figured out how to create bogus account with lots of rep.
Seen many many spam posts (reporded) problem is that some of these guys are copying and pasting entire websites in with links and all - including maleware. My scanners have screamed at me 3 times today.
It's not just bots. There are hand-run networks of them. It's not as common, but I've seen accounts before that in no way could have been automated.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:52 pm

We've got lots of anti spam measures in at the moment, trust me we're doing everything we can! Have a few more ideas as well I'll be implementing as well. If you see spam, report it!
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Website Issues and Feedback