Sugar High Shakedown

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:06 pm

This is the game that you had built upon from a template, right? How has the process of changing/adding things to the template been going? I'm looking into using a template in the future to create something like this as well.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:07 pm

@YoHoho
It is being built from scratch using Construct. In Scirra's store there is a beat em up scrolling and platformer templates. I was going to use those, but Luckily I found a programmer who wanted to jump in on this. The developer of those store templates put in detailed notes of events with the event sheets.
I know if you create an invisible box and have your actual player's behavior pinned to it, it will help with collisions since the beat em ups are mainly collision actions (then again, you might already have known that).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Yes, I followed a beat 'em up tutorial (pretty much the only one) on YouTube and learned about the collision boxes from that. And that's pretty much all I've learned, LOL. As long as there are great details with events then I can usually figure out how things were done and change them from there. Thanks for the response.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:41 am

staleevolution wrote:@Dreamcader I have elementary students. There are several things that can trigger actions besides candy such as the lighting in the room, certain materials, lack of things to help stabilize their fidgeting, and even body sprays. The list goes on. Bottom line, they need structure. That is the best strategy. It helps with classroom management and push their potential a bit more.

Are you going to have the main character use of any of these tools to contain the kids? :) Would be interesting if you combine your own wisdom together with the game somehow, hehe.

Will you show us the artwork for Lita and Shugar Roy Leroy soon? Not sure if I spotted them on the homepage yet.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 pm

@Dreamcader
I've updated http://pixelpopulation.weebly.com/sugar ... n-the-blog where you can view Lita.
I also updated the first page of this post with some gifs including Shutar Roy. Not sure if I will implement the strategies for containing kids in the game. Thank you for viewing.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:09 am

Will some of those new background items behave similarly to drum cans in Final Fight etc, where you can throw or kick opponents at them, or are they purely visual?

Which unknown (to you) beat-em up game did Raphael show you? Is this a secret to the style of game mechanics you would like to add? Perhaps I know of it, so I just got a little curious :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:55 am

We are hoping to include some interactive objects. As it stands, players will need to collect candy for upgrades (pretty standard), and the objects can provide more opportunities to gather candy. There will be 3 types of candy to collect for various things. I have to hold off on the idea in case we get it up and running and it turns out it didn't work as planned, although, I have high hopes for it to work. It's nothing mind blowing, just a slightly different approach for a beat em up I've never seen. I updated the blog with a few more images. I also just completed all of level 3's assists to create the entire level. Might post some of it soon. Once we can get it up and running then I would like to post some gameplay. Thanks again for staying interested.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Added some more posts with updates and a link to some of the potential tunes. http://pixelpopulation.weebly.com/sugar ... n-the-blog
Always changing. Just finished, but haven't posted some of Level 5.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:09 am

Image Here is Jagger the Cop. Little bit of a dance with his attack. This will more than likely be modified at the end.

Meet Lemmy's younger larger brother, Gavs. Zubaz are coming back!

A scene from the Parking Ramp. That is Gil gently applying a subtle knee to the biker to help ease him off the delicate bike.

Raphael has been busy using Construct to customize the engine. Stephane has been working on the backstreet beats. I've been plugging away at the art and finalizing all the cut scenes. More at the blog.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:23 am

Mock Up of outside Kane's Factory.

Ryder is round housing Little Lemmy while Gil introduces his elbow to Wallace.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests