[SUGESTION] set in events object properties to global yes/no

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hi, i dont do this before. Im looking for solution how do i set this in events

For example if i pick up item in game this item is change position to slot

So when item is overlapping object slot, his 'global' should set to 'Yes'

but when i drop item his 'global ' should set to 'NO'

(When i change levels/layouts and when 'global' is 'yes' item is always on slot position and is when i change layout)

• I am not an expert on game engine development but I can tell that your suggestion might be hard to implement. Also the memory management, It might make issues. But this is only a thought of mine.

But it will still be useful, +1.

• Ashley please read this thread and answer, its possible to add this to next relase?

• Silly question.

Why not just not use global?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • newt how for example ?

• Oddly enough, an array that is global.

• newt you give me hope, can you prepare capx example ??

• Nope, it's pretty basic stuff.

On the start of the layout you check the global array for values.

You then create objects based on those values.

• newt I never use arrays... someone create inventory slots using arrays i do it this same using only events, thanks but will not use

• I recommend using two objects, a non-global that is destroyed, and a sprite object in your inventory with multiple frames to represent what you picked up (which is global). Instead of moving an object, use variables (or again, arrays/dictionaries) to reference it.

Game design is like a magic show. Don't think so much about what is happening, but rather what appears to be happening. Think about many different ways to achieve the same goal, and pick the most efficient. In this way, you'll find there are always things you can do to improve your work and grow as a designer.

TLDR: Don't move the object, make the player feel like the object moved.

• "Global" basically means "don't destroy at the end of the layout". So if you want to apply it dynamically, just make it global, and destroy the object at the end of the layout if you don't want it to be global.

• Ashley this item use persist object so if i dont pick up in first layout and go to next layout with action destroy, item disappear forever when i go back to first layout

• Game design is like a magic show. Don't think so much about what is happening, but rather what appears to be happening. Think about many different ways to achieve the same goal, and pick the most efficient. In this way, you'll find there are always things you can do to improve your work and grow as a designer.

Well said with this magic show:) in my games i make lot of events lines to get the goal but yesterday i saw its way to use arrays or other method with animation frames of second object (your sugestion) or set simple switch on event side 'set global to yes/no'

I have some belief writing a suggestions

Sugestions are for improve Construct 2 not only for my one game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)