[SUGGESTION] A large number of minor suggestions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:15 am

Hello, I have a number suggestion`s, to improve existing behavior`s. I apologize in advance for my English - I write through Google translator .
In topic summon @Ashley or @Tom)))

"Bullet behavior":
- Add "Bullet conditions" called "For each X distance traveled", where X - the number you specify. If you want to make some regular activities related to the distance traveled, this condition will be indispensable. Now for such action is necessary to establish a separate variable and perform a number of checks, which is not very convenient. In example, i need to reaction at 40, 80, 120 and 160 distance traveled - and "For each 40 distance traveled" save me))

"Car behavior":
- Add "Car conditions" called "For each X distance traveled", similar to analogous at "Bullet behavior". Accordingly, it is also necessary to add "Car properties" called "Odometer", which can have two positions - "Only forvard" or "all", and considers distance traveled. As well, similar to the "Bullet behavior" to add "Car conditions" called "Compare distance travelled".

"Drag & Drop":
- Add "Drag & Drop properties" called "Drag point", which can have two positions - "Origin" or "Touch". This will define how sprite pin to touch point - by Origin or with offset to touch point.

"Sine behavior":
- Add "Sine expressions" called "CycleCount", which will count the number of whole cycles have passed since the start of sine.

"Platform behavior":
- Add to "Platform conditions" called "Is moving" and to "Platform conditions" called "On moved" additional conditions "Right", "Left" or "Any", so that it was possible to separately respond to these actions.
- Add "Platform conditions" called "If simulate control" with additional terms "Right", "Left", "Jump" or "Any".
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:45 pm

add to post
"path finding"
make it so you can not just set path costs but also one direction in the path finding

"real time"
pull clock time from computer
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:32 pm

[QUOTE=sosensible] add to post
"real time"
pull clock time from computer[/QUOTE]

What about just using the excellent system date plugin to get the time?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:23 am

Up request... Still I would like (if it is not difficult and does not distract from the important things) to hear a comment from @Ashley or @Tom - does it make sense to write on anything, or so clear but "no time" or "this is impossible"...

[QUOTE=fishbottle] [QUOTE=sosensible] add to post
"real time"
pull clock time from computer[/QUOTE]

What about just using the excellent system date plugin to get the time?[/QUOTE] IMHO, official plugin & behavior better then non-official...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:12 am

[QUOTE=SysDiman] IMHO, official plugin & behavior better then non-official...[/QUOTE]

Even better would be if the most used plugins would be included in official releases as-they-are... I had some boring time in switching my project from rexrainbow's function plugin and official function plugin :)
I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:04 am

Another "up" post... Still no answer, still wait it... Or discuss for "need/not need" ))
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 am

[QUOTE=Jeff Skyrunner] [QUOTE=SysDiman] IMHO, official plugin & behavior better then non-official...[/QUOTE]

Even better would be if the most used plugins would be included in official releases as-they-are... I had some boring time in switching my project from rexrainbow's function plugin and official function plugin :)[/QUOTE]

Totally against that, I still use rex function, hash plugin and not the official one cause I made very many changes with the plugins so It would destroy much if you make it official and update it with every new release.

Its perfect like its at the moment, they make new plugins so every one can decide which one he wants to use.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:16 pm

add:

different colours to different parts of a text object - nice suggestion, imho.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/suggestion-multiple-colours-One-text-Object_topic76475.html
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:59 pm

[Quote]
"Bullet behavior":
- Add "Bullet conditions" called "For each X distance traveled", where X - the number you specify. If you want to make some regular activities related to the distance traveled, this condition will be indispensable. Now for such action is necessary to establish a separate variable and perform a number of checks, which is not very convenient. In example, i need to reaction at 40, 80, 120 and 160 distance traveled - and "For each 40 distance traveled" save me))
[/Quote]
- if DistanceTraveled = floor(X)*
- trigger the condition once
~ Do the actions

*floor if you want it to trigger when the game starts and ceil if you want it to not trigger when the game starts

[Quote]
"Sine behavior":
- Add "Sine expressions" called "CycleCount", which will count the number of whole cycles have passed since the start of sine.
[/Quote]

CycleCount = -1

- If ( CyclePosition = 0 )
~ Add 1 to CycleCount

It's just about workarounds ...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:44 pm

You could always set a condition, is on floor and right arrow pressed to grab the 'moving right' one but otherwise, would be nice to see some of these implemented!
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General