[Suggestion] A refresh button to update GFX

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello,
I have a little suggestion about a missing function in the 'graphic-importer' of C2.
Basically a refresh button.
When you import a sprite, if you want to make any modification after (like replacing a place-holder), you have to import it again by using the open file button. No problem with that.
But, by doing this you lose the collision setting in your sprite.
When its a bouncing box this is fine, but sometime you have a complex polygon setting.

A refesh button (using the same file path and name) would be a good option to keep these settings and update any sprite with a simple click. With a classic icon like this why not ;-)

Ho, and let me say THANK YOU for this amazing tool, always improving and really stimulating.Kayser2013-07-09 14:28:42
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:57 pm

There's already a 'reload from disk' option in the animation frames bar.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Ho! Indeed I can see this option by right-clicking an empty space in the animation frames bar. Thats almost an easter egg haha, thank you.
But unfortunately the option remains gray for me, I cant click on it. I read the manual and now I know that its because Im using a CAPX file as a project, and not a folder. (capx is so convenient)

So maybe the idea to individually update any sprite (even a single frame of an animation) is not that bad after all (especially for people using capx), its not really important, but just a little convenient detail to improve the user experience I would say.

Impressive work by the way. Congratulation Scirra!
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General