[Suggestion] Actions for 8Dir X/Y Vector

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 pm

With 8Dir, you only can modify speed. This is fine unless you have a static square that does not rotate, which then means modifying speed only modifies the vector the sprite is always facing.

What I suggest is the ability to modify Vector X and Vector Y within actions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Bumping.

Modifying just "Speed" on 8Dir only has it go +X (to the right) no matter angle manually set on object itself.

Custom Movement and Platform both have the ability to modify Vector X as well as movement angle.

I feel for consistency as well as flexibility to include Event Sheet actions to modify 8Dir Vector X, Vector Y, and movement angle.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 am

Yes, I also want to apply physic to 8 Direction Movement object. These two cannot work together somehow. It needs fix.
B

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 am

You really can't set vectors in the 8direction behavior? Wow, that seems like a huge hole.

@krmlemre due to the way Physics works, this isn't possible. You'll have to set up your own system involving forces.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:57 am

[QUOTE=sqiddster] You really can't set vectors in the 8direction behavior? Wow, that seems like a huge hole.

@krmlemre due to the way Physics works, this isn't possible. You'll have to set up your own system involving forces. [/QUOTE] I was surprised I spent 20 minutes looking for the proper way, but I guess it got overlooked.

Might be better suited for a bug report due to action consistency as well as speed only adjusting X no matter the angle of the object.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General