[Suggestion] Advanced sub-forum

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • Yo,

I would like to suggest advanced users subforum where anyone can view, but only users with enough points can post.

I am happy there is a massive interes in construct and there is planty of newcomers, and I'm happy to help solve their problems, but there are things important to long term construct users that get lost.

Cheers

• The logging out issue was fixed for a lot of us as of about 12 hours ago. Has it happened to you again since then?

Edit: nm, saw in the other thread you're still getting logged out.

• The logging out issue was fixed for a lot of us as of about 12 hours ago. Has it happened to you again since then?

Edit: nm, saw in the other thread you're still getting logged out.

Still have same problem even now.

• bump. First post edited.

• but there are things important to long term construct users that get lost.

t's not that they are getting lost, it's that they just aren't getting replies.

• [quote:3shuh69m]It's not that they are getting lost, it's that they just aren't getting replies.

Also some of these questions are quite hard to answer, as they can be quite specific regarding a certain topic, and if you haven't worked with it, it will be difficult to answer them. So as the questions gets harder also fewer will be able to answer them logical enough.

But I do agree with the OP, that there are a lot of the same questions in the forum, some where the answer can be found on the next page or a few post down. So if you have an question that are a more advanced you need to bump it, as you cant be sure that those that can actually answer it will check page 3+ if you don't do it, due to these questions flooding page 1.

• I think this is a good idea. Lots of more complicated questions get instantly pushed to side 2,3,4 etc. by a flood of :"how do i make a menu -like Questions

• Love the idea. I'd also love heavy moderating in said forum, in the form of mods enforcing the questions being "advanced", moving the beginner stuff to other sub-boards.

• > but there are things important to long term construct users that get lost.

> t's not that they are getting lost, it's that they just aren't getting replies.

I think they often are not getting replies because they're being pushed to other pages.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • megatronx I suppose you guys are the ones missing these posts, then. I simply look at the new posts page:

Until I find the last thread I looked at. It doesn't take that long. Maybe users just need more education in forum usage?

Btw, I have bumped "advanced" questions multiple times with no replies, and they were in the first page for a couple days. It's not that they're getting pushed to other pages. Trust me.

An advanced subforum might help, but the only reason I can see that happening is because it'd be more like a hangout for "advanced" users rather than a place where "advanced" questions are actually located.

• megatronx I suppose you guys are the ones missing these posts, then. I simply look at the new posts page:

Until I find the last thread I looked at. It doesn't take that long. Maybe users just need more education in forum usage?

Btw, I have bumped "advanced" questions multiple times with no replies, and they were in the first page for a couple days. It's not that they're getting pushed to other pages. Trust me.

An advanced subforum might help, but the only reason I can see that happening is because it'd be more like a hangout for "advanced" users rather than a place where "advanced" questions are actually located.

Yeah, it was my intention to have it as a hangout, but including advanced subjects and questions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)