For example:

if Aspect Ratio 4:3 then set Object position to X1, Y1
if Aspect Ratio 16:9 then set Object position to X2, Y2

Could be useful, I thinkszymek2013-11-22 10:04:34
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:11 pm

You can already do this using the Browser object's expressions to calculate the aspect ratio yourself, or the scale inner/scale outer fullscreen modes with carefully designed layouts. I don't think there needs to be a new feature for it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:21 pm

@Ashley

Perhaps a bit off topic, but why isn't a "stretch" mode possible or important enough to be implemented for the scaling modes? By "stretch" i mean, that the exact area of the layout you define in the layout editor would be shown, just stretched over all of the available screen space.

I could see this being extremely helpful for mobile applications, where you have to deal with a surprisingly wide variety of screen resolutions and aspect ratios. Or i could just be honest and say that this feature would help numerous lazy developers in making a game, without having to worry about the part of layout that's visible to user (moving/scaling GUI elements is a pain in a certain place i shall not name) or black bars around the screen (e.g. wasted space that looks unprofessional), at the expense of slight visual artifacts, such as round objects being elliptic...

pls respond
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Surely not? It looks horrible. And technically it's distortion and is regarded as a fault. I think letterboxing is far better than an ugly stretch.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:49 pm

@szymek

I've had the same "problem" ... I wanted to mentein the game's scale the same regarding the aspect ratio or resolution. The solution was quite simple (no math involved ). More info:
http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic79444.html

Also, you can do what you want by calculating the aspect ratio yourself:
http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic79392.html

@Ashley

Is there a way to change the scale mode during gameplay ? For example: I use Scale Outer, but if the layer is smaller than the Window Size, than change to Scale Inner.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General