[SUGGESTION] Deeper Topic levels in Creations

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 am

I think it might be a good idea from what I've been seeing in the "Your Creations" thread/topic to break this up into 2 or 3 sections.

-Look what I can do (tech demos and tutorials)
-Hello World (beginners popped cherry posts)
-I'm old and cranky (The serious game devs)

Just in the light of people getting mad at other bumping their own posts to the top of the first page. I admit it's a pain to post something and have it dropped down to page 3 in one night and no one see's your hard work. No one really pays attention past page 3 unless they're real hunters.

And when you're a total novice and you hit page 3 without so much as a comment I bet that would feel downright miserable.

So I suggest breaking the forum into 3 separate groups to be fair to ever one for what they do. I honestly feel like an ass posting a tech demo in that forum and bumping someone's work off of page one, so I don't post very often.

Let's get some hell yeah's from the crowd @jayjay @mineet !!!!

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 am

I'd love to see this break down even further into genres of game/misc applications/tools/examples/art/etc.

Everything you make is a "creation", or made up of many creations, and so it's really hard to find the type of games I want to play amidst (still very cool) art, or tools.

Seeing new things from other areas too is useful though, maybe add a "random latest creation" option to make it easy to find something made in the past 2 pages of each sub topic or genre.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:09 am

It would be amazing , but don't forget that newbies may post on the serious dev forums just to get that attention , as no one would check that section of the forums ... ( no seriously :P )
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 am

I totally agree on classifying sections in complexities, especially in the "How do I"... a total beginner / intermediate / advanced mathematics classification would also help to make each easier to navigate/search.sved2013-07-04 03:19:22
...but this is mostly psychological.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 am

@whiteclaws Haha! I agree - I guess a mod would have to keep that in check. I look at all of the beginner stuff though. I ignore the rep points for the most part.

Someone could come in after having downloaded C2 and worked on something for months without asking for help - then post something short of a masterpiece. Never want to over look the noobs ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:52 am

@damainman; I agree it would be a really good idea..I think it would benefit everyone.
There are different levels and categories of creations and game developing in the forum but all squashed into a small space of topic area..
very few get the recognition they deserve..unless you bookmark each one they soon become lost...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Sounds like a very smart idea. This type of categorization would certainly make it much easier to find what you're after!

So I'm happy to give it a "hell yeah"!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 pm

They talled about that but with the how do I section , and it didn't come to a conclusion , which is too bad ...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:23 pm

[QUOTE=damainman]I guess a mod would have to keep that in check.[/QUOTE]

Which means that instead of you having to look and sort the posts, that's a job that would be issued on mods.
And, as far as I'm concerned (and only talking in my name), that's some time I can't spare/job I'm not willing to take.

I hardly look into the "your creations" forum, and have already enough of moderation/moving/answering topics/posts around in the other forums.
You'd be surprised the number of topics that need to be moved because newcomers (and not so newcomers) just seem to not care about the structure of the forums and post wherever they want to.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:36 pm

[QUOTE=Kyatric] because newcomers (and not so newcomers) just seem to not care about the structure of the forums and post wherever they want to.[/QUOTE]

Bingo , And that's why we should display the "tips on how to post" as soon as the user creates his account , like other websites do for their rules

it may be a bit of work to implement , but it will help us on the long term

Anyways , that's my 50 cents
B
S
G

Next

Return to Website Issues and Feedback