Suggestion: Easier GUI Options

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:50 pm

I know you can use sprites (with multiple animation states) to make animated and interactive buttons for your GUI, but I was thinking there could be options to change the way regular buttons look. For example, you could have circular buttons, rounded corner buttons, and whatever else can be thought up. :D It's a good idea, yes?
B
G

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 pm

It wouldn't make the program worse i guess.. but it's not really needed. I have a thousand things i would put higher on the list then rounded corners to the button object.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:57 am

It would be easy to add. Basically, you'd have more than one button type and be able to switch between them or just have three or more button objects on the list of objects to add. I wouldn't use these buttons, because I like making my own, but it would help the less artistic individuals. 8) Am I right?
B
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:36 pm

The button object is a window control intended for applications. I guess what you want is a kind of "Button Sprite" object, which would be fairly useful. I'll put one together quickly if nobody else has by 1.0 if I have time.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion