Suggestion: Encrypt the text in source

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Animated Text
$3.99 USD
With AnimatedText behavior you can make an impression of the text being “typed live”.
  • Hello,

It's a good thing to be able to obfuscate the source code, but all the text elements are shown in clear.

Could be great to be able to "encrypt" the text. I know that it'll not avoid the text to be decrypted by someone who really wants to, but it could avoid lambda players to read the all my game tips or secrets from the source code.

Thanks

• I don't think it's a good idea, since it might create a false sense of security. It would not be good enough to store usernames, passwords or other such sensitive information, and I wouldn't want to mislead anyone in to thinking it's safe to use that type of information in the source.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley - could you add it with a warning that it's not secure? I really, really want this for the rpg's I'm making. Otherwise as mentioned people could open the source and read ahead, discover secret scenes, etc. Please reconsider!

I know people can do that sort of thing if they really wanted to anyway, but it would be a very nice option to have. Currently it's depending on the player not to open the source. This would stop the casual attempts to do so.

• beautify code would unminize source code, but no one understands how to modify Construct 2 engine

• Arima : it's not the best solution, but you can apply a simple encryption algorithm when saving string, like ROT13, for example. With that, the player won't access any sensitive information when reading the source.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)