[SUGGESTION] Export to iOS HTML5 Web

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily add web monetization to your game and start earning money from supporting visitors.
  • It's based from Export to HTML5 Website but designed for iOS 6

It's an idea it could export to any iOS 6 devices.

Features:

-Do not export .ogg sound files because some developers are having this issue that cannot play the sound, there a workaround just delete .ogg files and it works now.

-Remove WebGL codebase, because most iOS devices do not support webGL. (it's already implemented but disabled, maybe iOS 7 or we never know)

-Full screen support on landscape, it's possible idea if the user changes orientation to landscape could set scaled fullscreen.

-Smart app banner, another optional idea, when you browse a web that has a related native application, Safari can show a banner inviting the user to install or open the native app. If you already published app on app store

-Device detection, another optional idea, it could help to get callback if is on iOS device.

-Animation Timing API, i don't know if Scirra has implemented animation timing API, it helps which means less CPU, GPU, and memory usage, leading to much longer battery life.

If you have some good suggestion for these features, you can add new ideas whatever we need.

What do you think?

• Also remove other user agent codebase, except for webkit

This meta tag allow us to define a different title for the Home Screen icon.

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-title" content="My App Name">

• The existing export for HTML5 website is already suitable for iOS web apps. Generally you don't want to take anything away either (like ogg or WebGL support) so your web app can also work as a web page for browsers, and also in case future versions of iOS support it.

• The existing export for HTML5 website is already suitable for iOS web apps. Generally you don't want to take anything away either (like ogg or WebGL support) so your web app can also work as a web page for browsers, and also in case future versions of iOS support it.

Yes, but it's limited because it's only for desktop, not mobiles.

Sometimes i edit HTML to add meta tags, home icon, functions, etc. when i try to update the game, i need to redo meta tags, home icon, etc. is still annoying, do you agree?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, it would be handy if it did the meta tags for you... I'll see if I can sort that out for a future build.

• Yeah, it would be handy if it did the meta tags for you... I'll see if I can sort that out for a future build.

Good!

it would be nice idea about html5 games for mobiles without publishing to app store.

• Ashley one more important thing, when users save the games using add to home screen, then run games once time and when wifi is not avaliable, the game runs but it says internet connection required, it's supposed to be offline mode.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)