Suggestion for Flash

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • No not to make it compatible with Adobie's Flash. Im talking about the sprite's function Flash.

Anyway how about a conditional like on Flash finished?

Yes, maybe, or no you lazy b@$+&%d?

• Correct me if I'm wrong but i do not think that in any way insulting developers motivate them to add features.

• What?!

• Somebody doesn't know their ironic insults!

• For those that didn't get what Newt meant, he obviously meant that

our

answers to his suggestion for a Flash feature (a'la MMF) would be either Yes, Maybe, or No, you lazy b@$+&%d (meaning do it within Construct).

He wasn't calling anyone a lazy b@$+&%d.

• The flash feature is fundamentally broken because it's using tick based counts and doesn't use timedelta. I could change it back but it would break all existing .caps using it! And if I don't do that, I don't think I should add any more features to the flash action, it's pretty simple to do yourself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, well perhaps for 2.0? Flash is a cool feature that I'm sure most of the old school users appreciate.

Any way the timer behavior is a pretty simple work around in case anyone was wondering.

• The flash feature is fundamentally broken because it's using tick based counts and doesn't use timedelta. I could change it back but it would break all existing .caps using it! And if I don't do that, I don't think I should add any more features to the flash action, it's pretty simple to do yourself.

I think it should be changed to TimeDelta. Things should be TimeDelta compliant whenever possible, yes? As for the broken .cap problem, might I offer up the old "sacrifice for the greater good of 1.0" argument? It doesn't seem like it would be a terribly difficult fix anyway, for a user to change the duration of the flash in his event.

Just my two cents. And as newt said, making your own timer is easy enough so it's not like it's a critical situation or anything.

• I think it should be changed to TimeDelta. Things should be TimeDelta compliant whenever possible, yes? As for the broken .cap problem, might I offer up the old "sacrifice for the greater good of 1.0" argument? It doesn't seem like it would be a terribly difficult fix anyway, for a user to change the duration of the flash in his event.

I second that. TimeDelta all the way baby!

• I third that. In Timedelta we trust.

• I third that and would be amazed if someone argued. Let's learn our lessons from the sometimes painfully slow evolution that MMF edured due to obsession with legacy compatibility. "search/relacing" a couple of events to fix the improved flash implimentation is a tiny price to pay fornot holdingback progress.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)