[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
suggestion for improving help - Scirra Forums

suggestion for improving help

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 pm

I will try to write something useful. It wouldn't be often.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:17 pm

I totally agree and asked same question before having read this post. :!:

I think documentation is more important then keep pushing forward with more features.
What is so hard about ----make feature---- document feature----
---add doc to pdf----add pdf to download? :?
Its not up to community to document features...developer knows whats what when making.
Developer needs to set priority to slow down and do this right (correctly). :x

Yes new features are good and welcomed but how much more could be gained if we got
direct doc input from Developers as features are implimented? In depth with Developers
inside knowledge we would be educated and well informed from a reliable source and be
more capable of contributing with the correct knowledge in a collected and organized form. :D
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 pm

[quote:c7ugq1xg]What is so hard about ----make feature---- document feature----
---add doc to pdf----add pdf to download?[/quote:c7ugq1xg]

well it certainly is more work than just making the feature.
Documentation IS work. I really believe the community could help there, and the devs can focus on fixing bugs :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Writing good documentation is actually very time consuming. Since us devs are volunteers working in our spare time, writing documentation means not working on the code or fixing bugs. The idea behind community-documentation is it doesn't require so much technical skill as the coding does, and saves developer's time. Some people have helped out with the wiki which is cool, but it's true it doesn't see much activity.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Being a 'newbie' to Construct myself I too would like to see some sort of pdf file as I like to read printed stuff and have them to have as reference.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I don't understand the motivation of some new members of reviving old threads for no good reason.

[quote="Nickydude":32lww9jj]Being a 'newbie' to Construct myself I too would like to see some sort of pdf file as I like to read printed stuff and have them to have as reference.[/quote:32lww9jj]

If you guys were that eager to have some kind of documentation (apart from the wiki, the numerous tutorials and examples - yeah, stuff that isn't presented on a silver plate), you should have found this by now:

Unofficial Construct manual made by chrisbrobs
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Sorry about that PixelRebirth. I did a search for 'pdf' and this was one of the many threads that came up (I've downloaded the pdf version of the wiki and the Python commands which I found through searching) but didn't realise the date of the last post on this thread.

Anyway, thank you for the pdf link, looks like it's exactly what I wanted. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion