[Suggestion] Inherited Layers

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:43 am

You could make an event sheet include that spawns / updates all the UI elements - it'd be a good half-way place, though a little more work setting up, as you'd position things with code rather than visually.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:52 am

Got the separate event sheet set-up for the menu and set it to include on my main event sheet. I've tried your idea @JohnnySix but it's so long to go through every object in my menu and set the co-ordinates with code. Especially with my game being a work in progress so things are constantly being adjusted.

Might give the global objects idea a go. Still though...

Any thoughts @Ashley?
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:17 pm

There are still over 50 things on our todo list. We're working as fast as we can.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated. I've found a solution in the meantime. I've just opened up the XML files for each layout and copy and pasted the addition layers into the other layouts. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi, Iv been making a physics/puzzle game and think I have finished the mechanics of gameplay. I am currently holding off duplicating the default level to make each level. Has this feature made it closer to the top of the Todo list and how have others been handling layouts with many of the same objects.
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General