[suggestion] Maintain aspect ratio when resizing

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Save hours of work by resizing items on your game screens.
  • This is such a staple that I'm in doubt whether I'm not missing something here. :)

In the image editor when resizing a picture you can only input width and height separately.

It would be really useful to have:

a) a 'maintain aspect ratio' box

b) choice to resize by specifying dimensions or percentage of the original

Curretly when I need to resize a graphic in the sprite I have to use a calculator. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ugh can't you hold shift and resize via bounding box buttons?!

• liaeb - you're talking about resizing in the layout view whereas this is about maintaining aspect ratio in the image editor.

+ 1 for both of pirx 's suggestions. It's not the first time this has been requested... In the interim, microsoft office picture manager offers a simple and non-C2 alternative.

• liaeb

Yup, I can resize via the layout editor. The problem is that when you import,say, a 1024x1024 image and resize using the bounding box to say 32x32, there's still a huge file saved in your project folder.

This impacts memory, size limits (10mb on Scirra Arcade) etc. so I often end up resizing on the go via the in-built image editor. Well I can just use my graphics software but that's kind of not the point :)

• Ah yes! I see what your saying now, sorry I tend to read between the lines and come to my own conclusions LOL :)

Ignore me I'll go back to work...

• This forum is a very good distraction from work I find ;)

• same problem here with this:

b) choice to resize by specifying dimensions or percentage of the original

i also use the calculator...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)