SUGGESTION: Monthly Game Jam

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:30 pm

@teacherpeter Maybe we should not have judges. I kind of like the way the GameMaker contest is run, I think each entrant has to judge like 5 other entries (or be disqualified), and you could also open up judging to anyone on the scirra forums to get people involved and interested. Google forms are good and easy to set up for voting. Plus I'd probably want to enter myself :)

I think what you have on your website is a good start. It might be good to rethink categories and rating system a bit, the GameMaker contest gets a lot of people into it and they have a good example to look at (read http://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/1hamju/announcement_gm48_rules_and_theme_suggestion/)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:38 pm

also another little suggestion with the rules on the site--maybe it would be good to simplify and remove the requirement to post "proof" video or screenshots (it's just another barrier to entry for lazy people like myself ;)). It's easy enough to look at html/javascript source code to tell if a project is Construct 2 or not
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm

[QUOTE=russpuppy] @teacherpeter Maybe we should not have judges. I kind of like the way the GameMaker contest is run, I think each entrant has to judge like 5 other entries (or be disqualified), and you could also open up judging to anyone on the scirra forums to get people involved and interested. Google forms are good and easy to set up for voting. Plus I'd probably want to enter myself :)

I think what you have on your website is a good start. It might be good to rethink categories and rating system a bit, the GameMaker contest gets a lot of people into it and they have a good example to look at[/QUOTE]

OK , I'll look into it. I need to figure out how the voting will work, though. I'm thinking polls on the blog's page for each game.

Would you care to say which categories that I've suggested that you don't like? I'm pretty happy with that selection. I think it covers all the bases, but if there is something specific you think should be included/scrapped, please let me know ASAP because this thing is starting in like a few days.teacherpeter2014-01-25 23:23:56
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:58 pm

[QUOTE=russpuppy] also another little suggestion with the rules on the site--maybe it would be good to simplify and remove the requirement to post "proof" video or screenshots (it's just another barrier to entry for lazy people like myself ;)). It's easy enough to look at html/javascript source code to tell if a project is Construct 2 or not[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose, since it is monthly. Making it less complicated might be better for getting more participants.

Now how do we publicize this thing in time?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General