[Suggestion] Particle Rotation

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:26 pm

I posted a message regarding this about two weeks ago - no answers though. So I thought maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough.
Basically I think that particle plugin lacks very important property, which is random rotation of a particle on creation.
Currently every single particle is always sprayed facing the same direction which looks pretty ugly in many cases.

Current behavior:

Expected:

Most particle engines can do it, but not in Construct 2. Can this functionality be implemented in future particle plugin, please:)?
B

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

If your trying to get Ashley's attention on this. I suggest posting it during the 10am to 3pm hours of GMT. Also you will want to add the "@" tag as in @Ashley.

I really don't pay attention to most other particle engines. But personally I haven't seen any samples where particles have specific facing. Often in the sample image above your posting. I usually see thoes a sprites not particles.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm

What about the "Angle Randomiser" property?
https://www.scirra.com/manual/135/particles
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:39 pm

We don't plan to support this. The Particles object can render faster than using the same number of Sprites partly because it doesn't support rotating the images (it uses WebGL point sprites). If you want something like this, a better workaround is just to spawn lots of sprites with the bullet behavior.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General