[Suggestion] Save SOL with a tag

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • I think I am not the first one to suggest this:

An action to allow me to save the SOL to a variable, an array or a tag to check collision using different SOL .

One of the issue with C2 is the difficulty to check collision between instances of the same object without knowing IID of UID.

I am working on a game with jewels and I find it redundant that I have to use an invisible sprite using 10-15 events (maybe not the best solution).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Actually I was thinking the same thing today. I would like a way to save the SOL list and tag it.

In the mean time you can use RexRainbows InGroup plugin. It works as above. The problem is that InGroup I find works a little half hazzard. The InGroup has a for each loop. I tried using it. In one section of the code it works perfectly. in another it doesn't work at all. The InGroup ID system uses a custom ID rather than UID. At least that what it seems. But it does work.

Though thats why now I would like an Official SOL grouping system

• Whats wrong with putting the uid into a global?

• You could also save all the uids into an array, and if you wanted then store the array with a 'tag' in a hash table.

• Yeah, good points here, but saving SOL allows you to do bitwise operations with sets

more easily.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)