[Suggestion] Testimonials Place

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Hello,

I would like to suggest a Testimonial Place here in the site, because would be nice to read about people talking his own adventures using C2 and how it helped them all. =]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:33 am

Maybe it's just me, but testimonials scream 'desperate' to me. I associate them with infomercials and medical quackery (usually infomercials advertising medical quackery.)

That's not to say that word of mouth isn't a good way to find things, but really I think the best advertising for C2 are the games that are made with it. I found construct after watching a video on youtube of a work in progress game... if I'd come to the scirra site afterwards and the first thing I saw was a page of "I use construct to triple my productivity" type quotes - I would have been immediately turned off.

But, as I say... it's probably just me.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:16 pm

[QUOTE=plauk] Maybe it's just me, but testimonials scream 'desperate' to me. I associate them with infomercials and medical quackery (usually infomercials advertising medical quackery.)[/QUOTE]

But wait. . . .THERE'S MORE!!!

Couldn't resist. TiAm2011-11-24 20:18:29
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:31 pm

I guess the best testimonials are all the comments in every article/tutorial/release of C2 as well as this forum.

In my eyes, and to join what plauk said, there's no need for more.
If you're eager to leave/read fanboy messages, maybe there are some on Scirra's facebook and/or google+ pages ?
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:39 pm

I was not talking about that type of testimonials, but I get the ironic sarcasm... . .   .

and selecting the best of them to show is part of the process, I know, your TV show many type of Testimonials and I hate them all too, so, to make it clear, I'm not talking about that type of TV adds.. =]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General