[Suggestion] Updates to objects

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • This post is not aimed towards a single object type, but just in general when using different objects, it gets a bit frustrating that some things are missing which should be there in my opinion. As these are "minor" things you tend to forget them, so ill add them here as I find them and hopefully they will be added at some point.

Objects:

Video

Frame rate - Would be great if you could get the frame rate of the video.

Number of frames - Self explanatory, but the number of frames in the video.

Format - there are other ways to get this, but would be handy if you could just get the format through a variable (Less important).

Check vs Frame rate / Playbacktime - For some reason there are no way to check vs this.

Play at FPS - Play a video at a certain fps, so you can make slow motion and fast forward.

File chooser

Path - There are no way to get the path to a file on local disk. Which is strange since you can get the filename.

NWjs

Filename - Opposite the File chooser object you can get the path including the filename, but there are no way as far as I can see that you can get just the filename.

Sprite

Add frame - Add a blank frame to a sprite

Delete frame - Delete frame at index

Insert frame - Insert frame at index

Replace frame - Replace frame at index

Fill frame - Fill frame with a certain color at index

Erase frame - Erase frame at index

• NWjs

Run external program - When there are spaces in the path it seems to cause problems. Since you have to execute the program using the syntax """C:\Test program\test.exe""". However this wont work if you read the path from a file or a variable, without having to make some weird work around. The only way to make it work as I see it, is to add a variable like: SpaceVar = """"" and add it to the file path, like so: "Run Application = SpaceVar & Filepath & SpaceVar".

Would be handy if you could either read the path directly from a file or you could write it to a variable without this workaround.

• Video

Missing expression checks - Even though you can check whether a video object is in a current state such as muted, paused etc as an event. These options seems to not be available as expressions in the video section. If you use a "Compare two variables" it would make sense that these were also there, since its actually possible to check vs them as events. At the moment only 3 are available (Duration, PlaybackTime, Volume) so if (Has ended, Is muted, Is paused, Is playing) were there as well it would be nice.

Source - Would be nice if you could get the source. Both filename and path to the file. And if there are no source it could just return -1.

• NWjs & Video & File chooser

Syntax consistency - Depending on what functionality you are using, there seem to be different syntax for how you work with files, which is really annoying to say the least. For instant using the NWjs.Userfolder will return the following: "\User\<Name>\"

However setting the source for a video require the exact path "C:\Movie.webm". Which you can get using the open dialog in NWjs, but that require user interaction. Since there are no functionality that allow you to get just the drive letter, filename, or just the path to a location makes working with files a living hell to say the least, and this changes completely depending on what functionality you use.

It is suggested in the C2 manual that you should use the User folder due to permissions, so it would make sense if all the file interactions also worked in a consisting manner, so you don't have to create a different workaround for each function depending on which one you use. Being able to get the drive letter of where a folder or file exist would be very useful. Basically just divided, into the separate parts that follows what you would expect when working with files on a computer. (Drive, folder, File).

• NWjs & Debugger

Incompatible - While running your project in debug mode its not possible to open any NWjs dialog boxes. Might be considered a bug, but regardless, it would be nice if the debugger and NWjs were compatible.

• * Follow path (drawing a path for sprites to follow as in Clickteam Fusion)

* More animations in Sine behavior and more animation controls.

* "move to" plugin (should be included within the official C2 releases)

* Transitions between layouts

* Advanced camera with easing (ease in \ out)

* iframe (should be included within the official C2 releases)

* Squash and stretch for Platform behavior to achieve cartoon like movements without using animation frames

* Share for android games (opens native android dialog with all installed social apps for share and this is only available with CocoonJS)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • * Follow path (drawing a path for sprites to follow as in Clickteam Fusion)

* More animations in Sine behavior and more animation controls.

* "move to" plugin (should be included within the official C2 releases)

* Transitions between layouts

* Advanced camera with easing (ease in \ out)

* iframe (should be included within the official C2 releases)

* Squash and stretch for Platform behavior to achieve cartoon like movements without using animation frames

* Share for android games (opens native android dialog with all installed social apps for share and this is only available with CocoonJS)

Very nice Suggestion!!

Very Extremely usefull features :

Moving object with ease control. Say you want your object move from point A to B with ease control.

Built-in transitions between layouts. This is so crucial, how can construct 2 doesn't have transition between layouts

• nikosurfing

Thanks

waiting for Construct 3 and i hope adding these new features.

• Egyptoon I like the share sugesstion (the others too, apart f4om moveto as I never used it so I do not know), and I would like to add that it would be nice to have the share for the html5 version aswell.

Same goes for advertisements, why isn't this already present for html5 is beyond me, I can understand why IAP are not, but ads.. (not that I like ads, but consistency please).

• NWjs

Expanding triggers - Would be very useful I think if the following triggers could be added to NWjs.

On file being copied - Trigger when a file is currently being copied. Would be useful for making copy file progress bars.

On file copied - Trigger when a file have completed being copied.

On file deleted - Trigger after a file have been erased.

On file moved - Trigger after a file have been moved.

On file being moved - Same as "On file being copied" would be handy for progress bars.

C2 General

On exit program - Would trigger when your program is closing. Could be used for saving progress etc.

• nimos100 "On exit program " can be achieved using "on pressing the close button" or any condition triggers the closing action.

Aphrodite move to is very basic and should be available, how can i simply move an object from point A to point B with a given time or speed without it ? it'll take many conditions and actions to be done.

and BTW it'll be very nice to add movement to ads, instead of sudden appear the banner ad can enters the screen from top to reach top center and when disappear it leaves to top etc.

• nimos100 "On exit program " can be achieved using "on pressing the close button" or any condition triggers the closing action.

Might have missed that one, where do you find that, I looked for it and couldn't find anything that triggers on "On pressing the close button" or a condition that triggers on closing action.

• nimos100

whatever you decide the closing trigger that may be pressing ESC key or click/touch a graphic button etc. the action will be ----> (Browser : close), for the browser object.

then you can add another action before (close)

For example :-

on touched object A ----- > play sound , do this, do that, browser : close.

• nimos100

whatever you decide the closing trigger that may be pressing ESC key or click/touch a graphic button etc. the action will be ----> (Browser : close), for the browser object.

then you can add another action before (close)

For example :-

on touched object A ----- > play sound , do this, do that, browser : close.

Ok I see what you mean, but that was not exactly what I was referring to. What I meant was if the user closes the application, imagine you are not in full screen and they close for instant the application by pressing the X in the top corner. So the trigger should be when the application is terminated. Im not even sure if that's possible or if it interferes with the browser or NWjs.

• nimos100

I don't think it's possible! you already closed the application! so how can the app do anything after its closure ?!

the close action should be the last action. no actions after "close" action have time to work.

but somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure about what i said.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)