[Suggestion] Updates to objects

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:08 am

@nimos100 "On exit program " can be achieved using "on pressing the close button" or any condition triggers the closing action.

@Aphrodite move to is very basic and should be available, how can i simply move an object from point A to point B with a given time or speed without it ? it'll take many conditions and actions to be done.
and BTW it'll be very nice to add movement to ads, instead of sudden appear the banner ad can enters the screen from top to reach top center and when disappear it leaves to top etc.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Egyptoon wrote:@nimos100 "On exit program " can be achieved using "on pressing the close button" or any condition triggers the closing action.

Might have missed that one, where do you find that, I looked for it and couldn't find anything that triggers on "On pressing the close button" or a condition that triggers on closing action.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:57 pm

@nimos100
whatever you decide the closing trigger that may be pressing ESC key or click/touch a graphic button etc. the action will be ----> (Browser : close), for the browser object.
then you can add another action before (close)
For example :-
on touched object A ----- > play sound , do this, do that, browser : close.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Egyptoon wrote:@nimos100
whatever you decide the closing trigger that may be pressing ESC key or click/touch a graphic button etc. the action will be ----> (Browser : close), for the browser object.
then you can add another action before (close)
For example :-
on touched object A ----- > play sound , do this, do that, browser : close.

Ok I see what you mean, but that was not exactly what I was referring to. What I meant was if the user closes the application, imagine you are not in full screen and they close for instant the application by pressing the X in the top corner. So the trigger should be when the application is terminated. Im not even sure if that's possible or if it interferes with the browser or NWjs.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:11 pm

@nimos100
I don't think it's possible! you already closed the application! so how can the app do anything after its closure ?!
the close action should be the last action. no actions after "close" action have time to work.
but somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure about what i said.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 pm

@nimos100 the best way would be the have those events happen is the place them before the close actions. as Egyptoon said once the app is closed it's closed and cant do anything just like any other app works.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:15 pm

volkiller730 wrote:@nimos100 the best way would be the have those events happen is the place them before the close actions. as Egyptoon said once the app is closed it's closed and cant do anything just like any other app works.

There are lots of apps, that for instant ask you if you want to save before closing, its not an uncommon feature. What Egyptoon suggested is a good idea, but would be nice if it would catch all terminating actions. Anyway it was just a suggestion of what would be nice to have, which is the purpose of this thread in the first place :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:06 pm

NWjs
Delete folder - For some reason its possible to delete a file, but not a folder. So would be nice If that was possible as well.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 pm

NWjs
On folder dialog Cancel - Inverse version of "On folder dialog OK"
On dialog Cancel - Inverse version of "On dialog OK"
On save dialog Cancel - Inverse version of "On save dialog OK"
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 06, 2015 8:06 am

The browser close detection Nimos100 is asking for could be provided by extending the triggers for the Browser object with the "BeforeUnload" event. It works
using javascript with window.onbeforeunload ...

Another suggestion for the "Audio" Object:

- Add the ability to play a sound stream, not just a sound file.

I have currently managed to do this using the Browser.Execute javascript with the following parameter:
"var audio = document.createElement('audio');audio.src='http://onefm.ice.infomaniak.ch:80/onefm-high.aac';audio.play();"

(Replace the information under audio.src with the address of your stream and it should work fine)

The only issue is I haven't found how to stop the audio from playing (I can't find a way to get the instance stored in the audio variable back to Construct to then call audio.pause() in the same way. If anyone has an idea, it would be great ;)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General