Suggestion: Virtual object

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:49 pm

[quote="Davioware":3014w23v]I still don't see the point to this. I need a better explanation or an example.
[/quote:3014w23v]

It saves you having to make a second sprite object or whatever, attach it to the original object using events (so it matches coordinates, angle, etc) and effectively using up more vram.

It would create these "invisible objects" and "detectors" that everyone uses all the time for all kinds of stuff.

I assume that's what newt means anyway. If so, I think it's a good idea and would find it particularly handy in many situations.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 pm

As far as the collision mask goes, I would suggest a check box for either one frame of your choice, or have it make a mask for all frames.
Any way yeah, just as Soldja said. Just seems like it would be a little cleaner to have an object/ behavior that does that for you instead of adding another sprite. Plus I think it would be a bit easier to use than the way collision masks are currently set up.
Image Image
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion