[SUGGESTION]Physics: check if landed on ANY sprite

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm

High expectations on HTML5 specially on mobile currently will only disappoint you i fear, even with wrappers :(
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 am

@TheDev ( and for @ludei)

I'm in the same situation. Used to do tests with CocoonJs, whith wonderful results, all things seems to run at 55-60fps.

Started to build a simple physics game, and have no success with performance testing. Done all the performance tips (reduced physics and non-physics objects number by 50%), made the Screen smaller (zoom-in) to show less object in screen in a time, removed all text objects, etc...

The best I can achieve were about 27-32FPS what sounds to be good, but is really horrible to play, cause of the very slow moton of physics.

I used to think that 20-60 physics objects are OK for a mobile (1,2Ghz CPU + GPU) with CocoonJS wrapper, but I can not optimize my game to make it. :(

I can provide a capx/CocoonExport for @ludei if they can look at this project to discover which functions make it dead on mobile.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Give it a shot with the latest beta R115 and see how the performance is now :), should be much better.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General