Suggestions and ideas

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm

This forum has been created to house specific improvements or ideas to areas of Construct, or plugins.

In each request remember to be as detailed as possible, so ideas can be better discussed.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:00 pm

Great idea making this forum, I never really knew where to post these before heh :oops:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:04 am

It'd be really nice to be able to set multiple inputs for one action. Sure, you can work around this, but it'd certainly add a lot of code bloat in many situations (such as already ORed events and stuff). Low priority, but I'm guessing not terribly hard to implement possibly. Still something I'd like to see.

ALSO GETREFRESHRATE |:< (;_; I'm not crazy I'm telling you, it's useful!)

On more of a plugin end, someone really needs to get a gamepad plugin going. I wish I had the knowledge to get on that for everyone.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:52 am

[quote="kayin":4qwpfo53]It'd be really nice to be able to set multiple inputs for one action. Sure, you can work around this, but it'd certainly add a lot of code bloat in many situations (such as already ORed events and stuff). Low priority, but I'm guessing not terribly hard to implement possibly. Still something I'd like to see.[/quote:4qwpfo53]

Multiple inputs? Could you explain a little more specifically? There is already OR, if you want one of multiple actions to trigger event.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Yes, you could go "if A is pressed or if B is pressed" on a simple level.

As things get more complicated, event wise, things get messy. I request this because it'd just simply make situations like this easier and would likely mesh well with future joystick support (where both keyboard and gamepad could be be useable at the same time). Not to mention that more than 1 or statement in an event seems to be funky. At least it was last time I checked (many versions ago).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:26 pm

When I read your post last night I made a quick test of the OR condition and it seemed to work just fine. I was able to make sets of rather complex conditions and I didn't notice any problems.

Didn't post about it though because I thought maybe you were talking about something else.

Though maybe an AND would help cut things down. So instead of

[code:141rvzpi]
+Left arrow is down
+Walk = 1
+Player is on ground
+OR
+A key is down
+Walk = 1
+Player is on ground
+OR
+Left joystick is down
+Walk=1
+Player is on ground
[/code:141rvzpi]

you could do this:

[code:141rvzpi]
+Left arrow is down
+OR
+A key is down
+OR
+Left joystick is down
AND
+Walk=1
+Player is on ground
[/code:141rvzpi]

Though I don't know how feasible it would be to implement, and really it's just a small time saver.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:28 am

I was actually thinking of an implmentation of that. While I still think it'd be a nice use the command/input setup that currently exists (since jump and jump2 are really just the same thing, in terms of function, if necessarily I could definitely do something like that. Also good to hear about the OR thing. I had some issues with it at one point early on and just avoided similar situations since.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:38 am

[quote="deadeye":300f4thf]
[code:300f4thf]
+Left arrow is down
+OR
+A key is down
+OR
+Left joystick is down
AND
+Walk=1
+Player is on ground
[/code:300f4thf]
[/quote:300f4thf]

You can do this easily with subevents:

[code:300f4thf]
+Left arrow is down
+OR
+A key is down
+OR
+Left joystick is down

+Walk=1
+Player is on ground

[/code:300f4thf]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:50 am

[quote="Drasa":2jkcqrbn]
You can do this easily with subevents[/quote:2jkcqrbn]

:? You're right, for some reason I was thinking "oh, you'd have to make the actions three times anyway if I did that." Durr. My brain must have been switched off. To be fair, though, I hadn't had my coffee yet when I made that post :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 pm

is there a way to assign a key to take a screenshot? this possibility would be much appreciated.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion