Suggestions and ideas

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • This forum has been created to house specific improvements or ideas to areas of Construct, or plugins.

In each request remember to be as detailed as possible, so ideas can be better discussed.

• Great idea making this forum, I never really knew where to post these before heh

• It'd be really nice to be able to set multiple inputs for one action. Sure, you can work around this, but it'd certainly add a lot of code bloat in many situations (such as already ORed events and stuff). Low priority, but I'm guessing not terribly hard to implement possibly. Still something I'd like to see.

ALSO GETREFRESHRATE |:< (;_; I'm not crazy I'm telling you, it's useful!)

On more of a plugin end, someone really needs to get a gamepad plugin going. I wish I had the knowledge to get on that for everyone.

• It'd be really nice to be able to set multiple inputs for one action. Sure, you can work around this, but it'd certainly add a lot of code bloat in many situations (such as already ORed events and stuff). Low priority, but I'm guessing not terribly hard to implement possibly. Still something I'd like to see.

Multiple inputs? Could you explain a little more specifically? There is already OR, if you want one of multiple actions to trigger event.

• Yes, you could go "if A is pressed or if B is pressed" on a simple level.

As things get more complicated, event wise, things get messy. I request this because it'd just simply make situations like this easier and would likely mesh well with future joystick support (where both keyboard and gamepad could be be useable at the same time). Not to mention that more than 1 or statement in an event seems to be funky. At least it was last time I checked (many versions ago).

• When I read your post last night I made a quick test of the OR condition and it seemed to work just fine. I was able to make sets of rather complex conditions and I didn't notice any problems.

Didn't post about it though because I thought maybe you were talking about something else.

Though maybe an AND would help cut things down. So instead of

+Left arrow is down
    +Walk = 1
    +Player is on ground
    +OR
    +A key is down
    +Walk = 1
    +Player is on ground
    +OR
    +Left joystick is down
    +Walk=1
    +Player is on ground
    [/code:141rvzpi]

you could do this:

[code:141rvzpi]
    +Left arrow is down
    +OR
    +A key is down
    +OR
    +Left joystick is down
    AND
    +Walk=1
    +Player is on ground
    [/code:141rvzpi]

Though I don't know how feasible it would be to implement, and really it's just a small time saver.
  • I was actually thinking of an implmentation of that. While I still think it'd be a nice use the command/input setup that currently exists (since jump and jump2 are really just the same thing, in terms of function, if necessarily I could definitely do something like that. Also good to hear about the OR thing. I had some issues with it at one point early on and just avoided similar situations since.

• > +Left arrow is down
    +OR
    +A key is down
    +OR
    +Left joystick is down
    AND
    +Walk=1
    +Player is on ground
    [/code:300f4thf]

You can do this easily with subevents:

+Left arrow is down
    +OR
    +A key is down
    +OR
    +Left joystick is down

+Walk=1
    	+Player is on ground

[/code:300f4thf]
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can do this easily with subevents

• is there a way to assign a key to take a screenshot? this possibility would be much appreciated.

• You know, I'm an idiot and never even though of what 'and' did. I just sort of ignored it for some strange reason. Yeah, nevermind my suggestion. I think it would still be nice at some point though.

Still. REAAAALLY want GetRefreshRate. :<

• please allow .cap uploads in more forum sections. specifically, the help section.

• There's an "Every X Milliseconds" condition... would it be possible to do an "After X Milliseconds" condition as well? Currently the Every one triggers at the beginning, like so:

BANG, 1, 2, 3, 4... 99, 100

What I'm looking for is this:

1, 2, 3, 4... 99, 100, BANG

Currently I can do it like so, but it seems inefficient:

(Switch is off)

+Every 1000ms
       +Switch is on
          -Do something
       +Always
          -Turn switch on
    [/code:12u2ef67]
  • That wouldn't make much sense as a condition (I'd think), but you can do it with the Function object, which can call functions after X milliseconds.

Edit: unless of course you mean it'd trigger after the first 1000 MS of the layout, then never again? If this is the case, then it could be added.

• That wouldn't make much sense as a condition (I'd think), but you can do it with the Function object, which can call functions after X milliseconds.

Well, what I need it to do is trigger the action after 1000ms has passed, but only if the rest of the conditions in the event are still true.

What I'm doing is making a screen zoom based on the speed of an object, but currently if it's going really fast and smashes into something, then slows down for a brief period, then starts going really fast again then the screen zoom sort of wobbles in and out. It's rather disorienting.

So I wanted to make a little timer so that it waits one second before zooming back in after the object slows down. This would get rid of the wobble and make the zoom smoother.

So if there was an "After X Milliseconds," at least the way I imagine it, then when the conditions for zooming in are met, it will wait one second before zooming in, but only if the conditions are still true after that one second has passed. In other words, if the fast object slows down and then speeds back up again in less than a second, the screen won't wobble in and out.

Of course I can do this another way, so if it seems an unnecessary feature that's fine. And I'll check out the timer on the function object and see if that can do what I need.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)