S
G

Post » Sat May 05, 2012 12:07 am

[QUOTE=Nimtrix] Keyboard shortcuts for these actions would make my day:

Send to top of layer

Send to bottom of layer

Apply to whole animation[/QUOTE]
Oh yea I had thinked about that too!

Also, an option to back 1 position and above 1 too would be nice, like in CC.

Good suggestion!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Updated main post with suggestions from all the people from the topic, if you want to suggest something more please just post it and I will update my first post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 12:49 am

Here are two issues that bug me most with text objects, but also affect some other object types.

1) When you create an object there should be a way to choose it and set the developer-defined default properties for that object--for example, size, font, color. If there is a way to do it, I haven't found it. I thought if I selected all instances of the object through the project panel it might do it, but no luck. It changes the existing instances, but not new instances.

2) If you copy an object the changes to the properties are copied to the new instance. When you clone an object it should clone the object with all of the current property settings as the defaults, not clone the standard plugin object. For example, if you have changed the size, font, color of a text object instance, those changes should be the default settings for the cloned object.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 am

[QUOTE=kittiewan] Here are two issues that bug me most with text objects, but also affect some other object types.

1) When you create an object there should be a way to choose it and set the developer-defined default properties for that object--for example, size, font, color. If there is a way to do it, I haven't found it. I thought if I selected all instances of the object through the project panel it might do it, but no luck. It changes the existing instances, but not new instances.

2) If you copy an object the changes to the properties are copied to the new instance. When you clone an object it should clone the object with all of the current property settings as the defaults, not clone the standard plugin object. For example, if you have changed the size, font, color of a text object instance, those changes should be the default settings for the cloned object.[/QUOTE]

When you say 'create an object' you mean create it in event editor using the system object or simply create a new sprite on layout editor?

About the clone I agree that should already appear with the changes made on the original object in layout editor. But I think the problem is only with the text editor, right? because if you clone a sprite the variables will keep in the new copy.
edit: oh now I see what you mean, the 'common' properties right? I've added to the suggestion list!

thanks for posting ;)Guif0DA2012-05-08 01:00:54
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 1:10 am

I would love to be able to create pixel art in C2 with the image editor... something like paint, with a transparency function. Nothing fancy, I just wish that I could rapidly make prototype sprites without having to open up paint or GIMP, then saving the file and importing it to c2.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 1:27 am

[QUOTE=SearingSky] I would love to be able to create pixel art in C2 with the image editor... something like paint, with a transparency function. Nothing fancy, I just wish that I could rapidly make prototype sprites without having to open up paint or GIMP, then saving the file and importing it to c2.[/QUOTE] This I think is on the TODO list of C2 but I will surely add at the first page ;D
thanks for posting
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General