Suggestions selected with SPACE - [Extension]

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Problem Description

I hope I am not yet too late. Regarding @glerikud 's suggestion about this topic:

suggestions-selected-with-space_t179202

I think it is fair to also have the variables, native/common expressions, objects in an expression format to also not be selected by SPACE, instead
it should be selected by ENTER.

This is only a suggestion though.

Attach a Capx

N/A

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • In the event sheet.
  • Make a condition.
  • System -> Is between values
  • Type any expression, for example something including a variable.
  • Don't finish typing it.
  • Press SPACE before finishing the variable name.

Observed Result

The Variable is selected instead of the input " " (space).

Expected Result

The Space Key should (as a suggestion) input a " " (space) instead of selecting x.

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r232 beta release.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Closing as won't fix for the time being - this is arguably a user convenience choice and is probably better to discuss in the Construct 2 General forum to see if there's any consensus amongst users.

Nobody ever complained about space autocompleting before IIRC, except for the recent report about group names, because those can legitimately contain a space which makes autocompleting irritating. In normal expressions like your example, space can never be part of an identifier, so that autocompletes on the same basis typing another character would (like +).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:55 pm

I see your point.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs