Suggestions

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:00 pm

@Ashley @Tom
Can you add a Suggestion Section in the forum ? a lot of people have ideas on how to make the editor better and i will start with some suggestions :

- I hate the RGB inputs in the picture editor , i have to copy/past each number , why not one only input in format R,G,B that's it ??? and why no hex support ?
- The Tabs name , "Layout 1","Event sheet 1", etc.... the colors gets me crazy , can't distinct between the active and non active one.
- In the picture editor , can you add more functions , like paste a copied picture(outside your editor)
- Auto-Close windows (behavior,instance variables,etc...) when we click outside of it , or just by losing focus

that's all I have for now .
And when can we developers start working on third parties plugins ? You did promise an editor integration , I want to try it , have tones of ideas
Last edited by hmmg on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 pm

hmmg wrote:- Auto-Close windows (behavior,instance variables,etc...) when we click outside of it , or just by losing focus

I don't agree with that one at all. At times, I have to click in the properties bar, or elsewhere and still want this dialog to be kept opened for I am adding variables and/or behaviors. Closing on focus lost would make sense in certain case, but in most it wouldn't.
As far as my work habit and workflow goes, this is not something I would wish for.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Kyatric wrote:
hmmg wrote:- Auto-Close windows (behavior,instance variables,etc...) when we click outside of it , or just by losing focus

I don't agree with that one at all. At times, I have to click in the properties bar, or elsewhere and still want this dialog to be kept opened for I am adding variables and/or behaviors. Closing on focus lost would make sense in certain case, but in most it wouldn't.
As far as my work habit and workflow goes, this is not something I would wish for.

Well a pin Button can be useful in this case , so each one can work as best as he can
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:11 pm

We're hoping to put a suggestions voting system in place within a few days.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:17 pm

@Ashley that's perfect thanks
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Ashley wrote:We're hoping to put a suggestions voting system in place within a few days.

Awesome :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Just a little quality-of-life thingy : with the sprite editor in Construct 2, I'd use a transparent color on the right-mouse button as a quick eraser.
Why isn't it possible in 3 anymore?

Another thing : The eye dropper could be used quickly by holding the control key, will that come back? PLEASE! x)
B
S

Return to General Discussion