suggestions

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • first off id like to say construct is AWESOME, (im transitioning from mmf2)

but i have found some problems in how somethings work

those are

(srry if im wrong cause im a noob just tell me how to do it then)

when placing a hotspot there is NO WAY of writing in coordinates to center its position in the window frame, also id like for it to be possible to play multiple sounds on the same channel at once, i.e overlap a sound on itself. there for we wouldnt have to make sounds shorter than wed like them, seems simple enough to implement,

oh ya and when you destroy an obj using the advanced grayscale effect it crashes the exe

when trying to open an effects controls like lets say the grayscale tab construct crashes

also maybe make sounds capable of being stored within the exe file, sometimes we dont want ppl editing our super awesome music into fart sounds for their amusment lol. and maybe add something like the flame plugin in mmf2, but hardware accelerated, that would be EXTREMELY awesome and usefull, since it suffers so much from slowdowns on a larger scal due to its un HWA

nature.

oh ya and maybe alow us to make our on icons for the exe (like mmf2), so that it looks more professional

IMO construct will be>mmf2 when the bugs are ironed out, and oh yah, you guys DESTROY gamemaker already. nice job scirra team

• also maybe make sounds capable of being stored within the exe file, sometimes we dont want ppl editing our super awesome music into fart sounds for their amusment lol.

This is already possible, just go to the Resources tab and right click Binary and select "Add File"

Then use the event "Autoplay From Resource" to play it, or if it's music then use "Play Music From Resource"

• Hey there, welcome to the forums.

The hotspot centering idea is a good un', I've wanted that a couple of times myself.

With regard to storing sounds/music in the EXE, you can do this via the Resource Bar (should be docked on the right hand side, in a tab). Right click Binary Resources to add files; DirectSound can play these using the 'Autoplay from resource' action. The icon for the application can also be edited here, though I think it needs more work (IE, the ability to change different modes of icon).

If you have any crashes or problems, try to forgive them as Construct does make huge progress every build, and is edging its way to stability . Don't forget to report them, as explained here:

They should then be fixed fairly quickly.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Rich

Edit

Seems I got beat! Ah well

• holy hell that was fast , i can really tell u guys are motivated as to what you do.

and just while im posting id like to also ask if you could implement a compare animation frame function

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • when placing a hotspot there is NO WAY of writing in coordinates to center its position in the window frame

If centering is what you want, hit 5 on the num pad (num lock needs to be on I believe). The other buttons correspond to the corners and edges.

[quote:3zhxdab7]also id like for it to be possible to play multiple sounds on the same channel at once, i.e overlap a sound on itself

In the Directsound object, use Autoplay file/resource and it'll mix the sounds on top of each other. You can only play one sound on one channel, but there are 64 channels in Directsound, so you can play up to 64 sounds at the same time.

[quote:3zhxdab7]when you destroy an obj using the advanced grayscale effect it crashes the exe

Please submit a .cap file reproducing any crashes you find - otherwise it's extremely difficult to do anything at all about it!

[quote:3zhxdab7]maybe add something like the flame plugin

Not sure if this is exactly what you're after, but you could try the Particles object. There are some examples here.

[quote:3zhxdab7]oh ya and maybe alow us to make our on icons for the exe (like mmf2), so that it looks more professional

In the Resources bar, you can edit the Default icon.

• [quote:287hfj9t]Not sure if this is exactly what you're after, but you could try the Particles object. There are some examples here.

MMF2 has a special designed "flame object" ( http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=6857 ) to make realistic fire. Its very handy since fire is an often needed effect and its very hard to make in other ways. Its very diferent from the particle object. Sadly it brought the framerate down so bad that it was very hard to use in games.

• Speaking of hot spots, I'd deeply love to give the coordinates numerically, as well as having a way to 'flip' them. It's always a pain when converting animations from right to left that don't have a center hotspot.

• MMF2 has a special designed "flame object" ( http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=6857 ) to make realistic fire. Its very handy since fire is an often needed effect and its very hard to make in other ways. Its very diferent from the particle object. Sadly it brought the framerate down so bad that it was very hard to use in games.

I was under the impression that the Flame object was just a custom-made particle object that is limited to just a few specific tasks. With the right tweaking you should be able to get similar effects from Construct's particle object.

Speaking of hot spots, I'd deeply love to give the coordinates numerically, as well as having a way to 'flip' them. It's always a pain when converting animations from right to left that don't have a center hotspot.

I always just make my sprites with one red pixel on them so I don't have to fudge around with where to put my hotspots on import. It makes the whole sprite importing thing way easier, like an assembly line.

Having a couple "flip hotspots" and "flip image points" checkboxes next to the flip buttons would be handy though.

• well its imposible realy to get the same results with a particle flow source, the flame is rendered like a sort of blobmesh which selects a colour and alpha channel opacity based on its age, the flame also has an editable coolmap which makes you able to give a sort of effect to the fade away, ill post a little exe with it if youd like itll clear things up a bit

• well its imposible realy to get the same results with a particle flow source, the flame is rendered like a sort of blobmesh which selects a colour and alpha channel opacity based on its age, the flame also has an editable coolmap which makes you able to give a sort of effect to the fade away, ill post a little exe with it if youd like itll clear things up a bit

No need, I've played with the flame object myself before. I don't know about a 'blobmesh' or anything like that but it sounds like you know better than I. I just remember it looking kinda particle-y, but that was a while back and I could be remembering wrong.

• not sure if you guys read this, i think its a VERY imporatant thing to add "compare animation frame"

since i cant find a way to do this. i.e. frame is greater or equal than 4, lower or equal, equal lower greater ect., this is a major part of making animation work well, so that when you have a shooting animation, the bullet actually comes out on the frame where its supposed to shoot out. also ive noticed time after time that my image points dont get refreshed as i skim through frames in the animation picture editor. an example of this is i put one on the gun barrel on frame 1 then when i change to frame 2,3,4 ect. it doesnt change even if i had but on the shooters lets say face before hand. im sure its just a problem with the points not being refreshed as you select new frames.

• Hells yes to 'compare animation frame'. I've been able to work around this, but the feature really is sort of a very important one.

• The flame object works with an array of 'heat' values which, each frame, have an algorithm acted upon them such that the heat is transfered and distributed ...and those heat values get mapped against an image (usually a gradient) creating the flame effect.... man its been a while hehe

• Animation frame stuff is in the next build.

• I'm sure you already have it, but if not, being able to detect which animation is playing would be great. I know there are ways to work around that, but it'd make things lovely. Thanks for the great work!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)