Summer Competition with Microsoft

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am

[QUOTE=guero] @Hydar yes,i've same prolem too :( I dont know reason my app crashes as they say.it works perfect my pc.If you find any solution about this plese write me.[/QUOTE]

@guero, sadly I am not able to find out as it seems to work perfectly when testing on Visual Studio Express 2012.

I followed all the steps provided in the tutorial to publish in Windows 8.

Hope that Ashley can help out, but I think it would be too late by now as it would need 5-7 days for the app to be approved...
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:48 am

@Hydar yes i did it too.and i sent mail to Microsoft support and i want help to quick approve.They dont turn me back yet but you can try.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:16 pm

@Hydar

Did they leave any notes for you?

Was there anything else in the email?

Go to your dashboard, is there anything there? Usually you can view the certificate report to why it failed.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Failed certifications for me too -> Age Rating and rating certificates are not in the package.
Oh realy ? Fix first GDFMaker, then I could post certificates... And of course, there is no solution from microsoft for this problem, I paid 50$ for this and there is no support. Great.

-> "GDFMaker - index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list"

And no, downloading en-US pack change nothing.

Certifications process started on june 14, but i'm f**kedup ...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Joskin, did you follow the directions for GDFMaker on this page? It worked great for me.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465153.aspx

B
S

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Yep, I did, but i'm getting an error right after creating a project, and there is no fix for this one. That's why I ragin, I'm using a non-free service and it's broken :/

I'm sad because I worked hard for submitting the 14, and for a lack of support my chance to run the competition are very low.

It's a new computer with just, the applications needed for compiling an app for windows store. What the hell am I missing ? Joskin2013-06-18 14:17:05
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Oh no.. my game is in the Content Compliance stage but I don't have a GDF file. I didn't think I needed one based on this:
"To publish your game in the Windows Store, you may want to first provide a rating that describes the content of the game to buyers."
from here
Seems like a potential minefield: "In some countries/regions, certification is voluntary. But in others, you must obtain a game rating certificate to include with your game."
I guess to enter the competition we could only list in a country that does not have a game certification requirement? Hoever, time has run out now.
Anyone else had this problem? I also submitted by the 14th thinking it would be OK, but the age certification requirement could be the end of my entry.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Yep, as I said few posts ahead I've the same problem. And the GDFMaker doesn't work.
More documentation form microsoft would be nice. If I cant join the competition coz of a microsoft bug ...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 pm

One thing to also check if you look at Construct Dudes videos on youtube is that he has one where he talks about publishing an MS Market game and which countries to leave out if you want it to go through quicker.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 am

Ah okay I never knew that.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General