Summer Competition with Microsoft

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:55 am

[QUOTE=humanescape] @Hydar

Did they leave any notes for you?

Was there anything else in the email?

Go to your dashboard, is there anything there? Usually you can view the certificate report to why it failed.

[/QUOTE]

@humanescape , the note was that it crashes on startup. Not sure how they are testing it that will cause it to crash on launch but I could not replicate it at all from my side as it runs smoothly on Win7 and Win8...

Guess I just wasted my money signing up for Win8 developer account and now I can't even get a working app published on Win8...
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 am

@wolfmanyoda @Hydar
I have read this page to find way of GDFMaker:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465153.aspx
i'm fatigued.
I have spent so many time to design the game, but i never imagine it's so troublesome to publish the game. If i know it early, maybe i will not waste money to sing up Win8 developer account also.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am

Hoping scirra will let people who submitted first for certification before the 15th entering the competition even if the certification process finish after the 21.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 am

[QUOTE=Joskin] Hoping scirra will let people who submitted first for certification before the 15th entering the competition even if the certification process finish after the 21.[/QUOTE]

@Ashley I hope too.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 am

NOO!
My game is also in the "Content compliance" state, and i didn't include any rating certificates

Judging from this, it would have been enough to leave out Taiwan,Brazil,Korea and South Africa.

Going to fail because of 4 check boxes , I wish somebody would have told me..

Please extend the submission deadline by a few days !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 am

@Joskin

I do hard works in daytime to earn money for life, and i'm crazy to complete my game at night in several weeks without peacefully sleep. I had try my best, but i just published it at 18th. It seems that i'm too late and have no chance. It's my own fault for delay this time.

I thought i can do better in next time. But now when i saw some details about gdfmaker, i'm hopeless. I feel my game is a bit complex, but MS gdfmaker is more.
Maybe i should publish my game to Scirra Arcade or other Place, but not Microsoft.

Good luck to other people who can get the last track.rockmouse2013-07-19 15:45:34
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:42 am

I don't see why the contest would be extended.
The blog with the contest information said and warned you to submit it way before the deadline...

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:48 am

If you don't see, read last posts.

We send our games to certifications before the deadline of 14 june, but due to a lack of documentation / support (+bugs) from microsoft our Apps were refused.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm

I read them...but I only read one post that seemed like an issue. The one where the game crashes on the start up but the tester did not say anything else.

Most of the post are just not checking the certification process. The certification process (such as ratings and countries sold) is documented very well and extensively on Microsoft.

If you never submitted to windows before you should have submitted a small tester app to see what the process is like. You could have even been working on your main app while the tester is being submitted.

My first app failed multiple times and took 3 weeks to fully submit. My second app took 1 try and about 3 days tops. The difference? I learned the process and actually read all the requirements.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:33 pm

[QUOTE=humanescape]
My first app failed multiple times and took 3 weeks to fully submit.[/QUOTE]

You should have submitted a small tester app to see what the process is like.

It's not because you know the process that everybody know the process.

And no, when you complete the step before submitting there is a lack of information, for example the age rating part. On my first submit I tried to use GDFMaker, it didn't work, crashing right after launch. Is it my fault ? No, as I said, it's not a free service, so they have to support it, fix it.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General