Super Bros Run (Super Mario Run game) BIG UPDATE !

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Since Nintendo didn't feel Android was worth making a game for, I took matters into my own hands with my own retro hero of course. Super Retro Bros Run is an awesome fun running game for android. Run , jump, stomp, collect coins and unlock various levels. Totally free with no ADs and no IAP!!

UPDATE: Check out the hidden mode look at the screen shots to find it
In some countries the update will come thought in an hour late.

Googleplay Link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... iorun.game

Image

Image
Last edited by PixelPower on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Right first of the good stuff you are getting better at game making I can see an improvement over your other games and the idea of unlocking levels with money is quite clever.
Now for the constructive criticism. What is the shape of your collision boxes for your platforms because I keep falling off the platform when I should not whenever you import a sprite into C2 be sure to press the collision polygon button when it comes to platforms it is best to just use simple squares.
Also, you might want to look into using tiles being forced work with squares might help with your level design because platforms which were next to each other where slightly misaligned it is not a big deal, but it makes the game feel a little unpolished. also make sure the lava pools are behind the platforms otherwise it looks alittle odd. At the start of level 2 there is a turtle shell that falls out of the sky for no reason.
Now I know it must seem like I am being hard on this game it is just I think with a little polish this game could really stand out
B
15
S
4
Posts: 125
Reputation: 1,426

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:50 am

PrinceofMars wrote:Right first of the good stuff you are getting better at game making I can see an improvement over your other games and the idea of unlocking levels with money is quite clever.
Now for the constructive criticism. What is the shape of your collision boxes for your platforms because I keep falling off the platform when I should not whenever you import a sprite into C2 be sure to press the collision polygon button when it comes to platforms it is best to just use simple squares.
Also, you might want to look into using tiles being forced work with squares might help with your level design because platforms which were next to each other where slightly misaligned it is not a big deal, but it makes the game feel a little unpolished. also make sure the lava pools are behind the platforms otherwise it looks alittle odd. At the start of level 2 there is a turtle shell that falls out of the sky for no reason.
Now I know it must seem like I am being hard on this game it is just I think with a little polish this game could really stand out


Ok thanks I will try to figure out how to avoid that sinking that happens , fix the alignment and yes the lava pools I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for the feedback!!
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:00 am

@PrinceOfMars

I have updated the game go check out the update and tell me what you think.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi! Nice music, it sounds familiar. Where is it from?
B
4
S
1
Posts: 4
Reputation: 320

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Mpr wrote:Hi! Nice music, it sounds familiar. Where is it from?


I heard it before also I think in a movie. Did you get the update, I changed the graphics a bit. The next update will add more levels to the game.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:55 pm

PixelPower wrote:@PrinceOfMars

I have updated the game go check out the update and tell me what you think.

Image
still quite a few problems when you start a level there is this little black box and sometimes when I press to jump I end up at the menu for no reason also at the start of the level, there is a turtle shell which falls from the top of the screen may I recommend you give the turtle shell the command if offscreen destroy also I still had problems with the slanted platforms I seem to fall off before the platform end your collision polygon should look like this Image
B
15
S
4
Posts: 125
Reputation: 1,426

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:07 am

Ok I didn't update the arcade version just the one for android. I redid the land sprite but I still have trouble with the sinking even after I made the land piece totally flat. I will keep working on it.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:11 pm

PixelPower
I just quickly tried your game - one of the problems PrinceofMars had was because the two round buttons (return to menu and restart level) both still work even when they are not visible.

You should either move them off the screen, or check if they are visible , or put them in a group and disable the group when they are not visible.
B
99
S
35
G
20
Posts: 438
Reputation: 17,910

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:18 pm

AllanR wrote:PixelPower
I just quickly tried your game - one of the problems PrinceofMars had was because the two round buttons (return to menu and restart level) both still work even when they are not visible.

You should either move them off the screen, or check if they are visible , or put them in a group and disable the group when they are not visible.


Thanks I will look into that asap. I haven't updated the arcade version just the android version, I put a dino dash where you ride a dinosaur and updated the graphics it looks totally different than the scirra arcade version. If you have an android device please download to support me. Also I am still working on content updates as we speak!!
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Next

Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests