Super Plumber Run (10k+ installs on Google Play already!)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Renfd wrote:
PixelPower wrote:Yes I downloaded the update. I rated your game 5 stars as Rogelio Rios . Can you rate my game I have the same problem with trolls downrating my game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... iorun.game


Thanks friend. Just rated your game as well (as Renato Duchini).


Hey Bro I did us both a favor on Reddit. There was a post about Super Mario Run registration and I posted a link to both our games, so you should see a boost in downloads. Also change your icon the other developer changed his icon and took your spot on the rankings a couple days back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/ ... istration/
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,615

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Hey @PixelPower
Thank you very much friend.

Unfortunately im not able to update any game info now because im travelling and forgot the battery charger of my laptop. But hopefuly will be able to do this next week.

Im new with this Google play and ranks thing.. I only managed to get this amount of installs because of the huge media coverage. Do you have any tip to rank highter? What kind of icon should I do?
B
73
S
19
G
1
Posts: 107
Reputation: 5,070

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:44 am

Renfd wrote:Hey @PixelPower
Thank you very much friend.

Unfortunately im not able to update any game info now because im travelling and forgot the battery charger of my laptop. But hopefuly will be able to do this next week.

Im new with this Google play and ranks thing.. I only managed to get this amount of installs because of the huge media coverage. Do you have any tip to rank highter? What kind of icon should I do?


You actually did better than most developers including me. Honestly the googleplay store is so flooded that all you can do is hope to get lucky and get media coverage. Other than that you can

1) Post in android game facebook groups

2)Android game forums like xda developers

3) Post in googleplus community's (android games of course)

4) Post on reddit

5)Make various youtube video's that helps with the luck factor alot.

And the biggest secret of all only do this if your game is really good.

Do a pay per install campaign you need enough money to get your game ranked high enough so people can see it on the charts. So you would need enough to buy around 2,000-5,000 installs so you climb up the charts quickly. Thats probably the biggest secret I know of.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,615

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:40 am

At a mercenary level I wonder how much you can juggle paying for installs/game rank vs in app purchase profits. If your pay per install is 5 cents and the rank increase gains you 10 cents in in app purchases relative to the number of installs, you'd be doing pretty good.
B
51
S
14
G
4
Posts: 191
Reputation: 5,537

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:09 pm

I will do a pay per install campaign, but first i need to add some features on the game to increase players retention.

Thanks guys
B
73
S
19
G
1
Posts: 107
Reputation: 5,070

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:18 am

Callan S wrote:At a mercenary level I wonder how much you can juggle paying for installs/game rank vs in app purchase profits. If your pay per install is 5 cents and the rank increase gains you 10 cents in in app purchases relative to the number of installs, you'd be doing pretty good.


If you choose pay per install route your game must contain

1) In game shop with lots of upgrades to buy to retain players.

2) A coin and other currencies that will keep the player playing to earn. Most games now have coin and diamond currency which they earn through playing.

3) Upgrades must be 2 types the permanent and single use. That gives players more insentive to play longer thus earning you money.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,615

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

It's a good game, and I would love to see more features or variations. And maybe all buyable power ups as in game objects. Maybe some level where you need to turn back with some turn back-blocks.

I would also consider changing name, and some visuals that are obviously breach of Nintendo's trademarks as they might take legal actions.
Image
B
14
S
4
Posts: 145
Reputation: 1,948

Post » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:22 pm

janlindso wrote:It's a good game, and I would love to see more features or variations. And maybe all buyable power ups as in game objects. Maybe some level where you need to turn back with some turn back-blocks.

I would also consider changing name, and some visuals that are obviously breach of Nintendo's trademarks as they might take legal actions.


I pretend to add new in game power ups, new blocks and new enemies. Also will add missions system and a upgrade shop. Lots of work to do. Now im at home and finnaly I can dedicate myself on it.

About changing name and some visuals i will consider, but for now I choose the risky path, because I need this obvious 'Mario theme' to gain visibility.

Thanks for the feedback!
B
73
S
19
G
1
Posts: 107
Reputation: 5,070

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Renfd wrote:
janlindso wrote:It's a good game, and I would love to see more features or variations. And maybe all buyable power ups as in game objects. Maybe some level where you need to turn back with some turn back-blocks.

I would also consider changing name, and some visuals that are obviously breach of Nintendo's trademarks as they might take legal actions.


I pretend to add new in game power ups, new blocks and new enemies. Also will add missions system and a upgrade shop. Lots of work to do. Now im at home and finnaly I can dedicate myself on it.

About changing name and some visuals i will consider, but for now I choose the risky path, because I need this obvious 'Mario theme' to gain visibility.

Thanks for the feedback!


Yeah, I understand, but I think a more original name/concept would make the game last longer. I'm afraid the interest might decrease when Mario Run is released for Android.

Anyways, I found a bug in your new version. If you select the cloud a start power up, the cloud level (when going up the pipe) won't work.
Image
B
14
S
4
Posts: 145
Reputation: 1,948

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:41 am

janlindso wrote:Yeah, I understand, but I think a more original name/concept would make the game last longer. I'm afraid the interest might decrease when Mario Run is released for Android.

Anyways, I found a bug in your new version. If you select the cloud a start power up, the cloud level (when going up the pipe) won't work.


I think when Mario Run for Android will be released, the majority of players will play until the end of the demo, then they will search for a free alternative. Maybe not, but i'm betting in it now.

Even if the game doen't last longer, I can use this game as a basement for a new and original game in the future (I already have some in mind)

Thank you very much for the bug report! Just fixed it and uploaded to Google Play. Also made a improvement on game UI for portrait mode. The update should go live in the next few hours.
B
73
S
19
G
1
Posts: 107
Reputation: 5,070

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests