super super simple platform multiplayer?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • For years, I've wanted to make a SUPER simple platform multiplayer game where you just run around with other players and explore the 2D map. I know construct can do this, but I have no idea how to change the example top down multiplayer example to achieve this.

Anyone have some spare time to help?

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Study the multiplayer tutorial. If you're going to try to make a multiplayer game without understanding how all of the multiplayer tutorials work, it will be very difficult to get anywhere. If you have a good grasp of the tutorials, you should be able to apply them to a simple platformer. Unfortunately, anything to do with multiplayer isn't going to be simple, and its hard to just take the example and change it if you aren't familiar with how it works.

If you have gone through the entire tutorial, what have you tried so far? Here is a quick checklist off the top of my head. You could probably get more help if there was something specific you are stuck on and could ask about.

Create the base game.

Join a game/room/session via signalling service. Enable host events if first to join, else enable peer events.

Host - Create, assign, and sync player objects as self/peers join. Receive inputs from players and apply to correct player objects.

Peers - Send inputs to host. Apply same inputs to relevant assigned player object for local input prediction.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)