Super Ubie Land *Wii U, PC, Mac* *COMPLETED!*

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm working on my first iOS game 'Up Up Ubi' and porting it over to Construct 2. This way I can publish on different devices with just one build. I started on it last night and this vid is showing about 2 hours of work. Updates to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nshF-RLV20&feature=related

(how do I post the videos in here instead of just a link)NotionGames2012-07-01 18:03:46
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:39 am

The graphics, music and concept looks awesome.
Keep the good work!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 am

[QUOTE=NotionGames] Thank you :D

I'm digging construct. Are they working on more exports? Like exe and stuff? just wondering[/QUOTE]

Actually Ashley is working on a EXE exporter using Awesomium. It should be available pretty soon by the sounds of things.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Updated the original post:

*Update 7/12/2012
New assets that I drew for Super Ubi Land. Now that I have the mechanics solid, I'm focusing on the art.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 am

new video showing gameplay with some updated sprites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-I1MDHH4LI&feature=youtu.be
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Coming Feb 2013

(Link to the Fullsize Image)
http://datboidrew.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SUL_PromoPoster1.jpgNotionGames2012-07-16 22:11:29
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 pm

been up all night... working hard on Super Ubi Land. Many many more nights to go but til then, check out this new update. Still playing around with the same stage but I've added a couple of new mechanics and fixed a bunch of things (and added some subtle yet satisfying eye candy like point icons whenever you grab an item or destroy an enemy). Hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHDYUTRCcDo&feature=plcpNotionGames2012-07-19 12:22:01
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 pm

I created a basic demo of the game and uploaded it to Scirra Arcade. The game has a lot of work needed to be done and I also had to strip a lot of things in order to get it under the 10mb file size limit :(
BUT check it out, let me know what you think. :)
Thanks for the support!

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/games/addicting-action-games/1487/super-ubi-land
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 am

Fantastic!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:24 am

The game looks amazing! I do have some suggestions:

• Can you make certain enemies respawn if I camera moves away a certain distance? If I kill the bird enemies I need to jump on to proceed through the level, they don't respawn.
  • Can you make Ubi's picking up animation a little faster? Perhaps it can move slower for items that give more points. For example, plants can be pulled out quickly, but certain items (maybe small hidden bits of Ubi's ship) take more time to pull out of the ground.
  • While invincible, Ubi does not bounce off enemies. This could be a bug or you could use this as an unusual game mechanic. Do you jump on the enemies to reach a higher area, or go run through them to reach a different area. :D
  • Does the amount of life Ubi has cap at two hearts or is that a game mechanic (like The Legend of Zelda where picking up heart containers increases the amount of hits you can take)?
  • Can you add the ability to run by double-tapping left or right or by holding a certain key?
  • If Ubi falls in the water, can you make him sink faster, or possibly use the balloon to help him float out.
  • For some reason, I jumped on a bird enemy, picked up a plant and got 10,000 points. :P
  • [Minor Nitpick] The title screen music only goes through one loop, then plays the Notion Games Logo.
  • [Minor Nitpick] When picking up coins, instead of just playing the coin pickup sound, make the sound stop, then play it. Picking up several coins at once will make the coin sound a bit loud.
  • [Minor Nitpick]Can you make the HUD contrast a little more from the background. The score and the clouds are the same color.
  • [Minor Nitpick]The clouds don't move.
  • [Minor Nitpick]Spamming the space bar on the title screen make the sound play a bunch of times. Spamming jump during the level introduction (the part that displays the level's name) plays the jump sound a bunch of times.
  • [Minor Nitpick]Ubi has the power to hover over grass. Can you move the grass to the foreground?

I'm not sure if you've already solved these things already. Even so, the game is quite good! Great work! :D
Sorry if I sounded overly critical!
(Also, sorry for writing such a gigantic list!)Zero62012-07-21 06:25:58
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations