The game looks amazing! I do have some suggestions:
- Can you make certain enemies respawn if I camera moves away a certain distance? If I kill the bird enemies I need to jump on to proceed through the level, they don't respawn.
- Can you make Ubi's picking up animation a little faster? Perhaps it can move slower for items that give more points. For example, plants can be pulled out quickly, but certain items (maybe small hidden bits of Ubi's ship) take more time to pull out of the ground.
- While invincible, Ubi does not bounce off enemies. This could be a bug or you could use this as an unusual game mechanic. Do you jump on the enemies to reach a higher area, or go run through them to reach a different area. :D
- Does the amount of life Ubi has cap at two hearts or is that a game mechanic (like The Legend of Zelda where picking up heart containers increases the amount of hits you can take)?
- Can you add the ability to run by double-tapping left or right or by holding a certain key?
- If Ubi falls in the water, can you make him sink faster, or possibly use the balloon to help him float out.
- For some reason, I jumped on a bird enemy, picked up a plant and got 10,000 points. :P
- [Minor Nitpick] The title screen music only goes through one loop, then plays the Notion Games Logo.
- [Minor Nitpick] When picking up coins, instead of just playing the coin pickup sound, make the sound stop, then play it. Picking up several coins at once will make the coin sound a bit loud.
- [Minor Nitpick]Can you make the HUD contrast a little more from the background. The score and the clouds are the same color.
- [Minor Nitpick]The clouds don't move.
- [Minor Nitpick]Spamming the space bar on the title screen make the sound play a bunch of times. Spamming jump during the level introduction (the part that displays the level's name) plays the jump sound a bunch of times.
- [Minor Nitpick]Ubi has the power to hover over grass. Can you move the grass to the foreground?
I'm not sure if you've already solved these things already. Even so, the game is quite good! Great work! :D
Sorry if I sounded overly critical!
(Also, sorry for writing such a gigantic list!)Zero62012-07-21 06:25:58