Super Ubie Land *Wii U, PC, Mac* *COMPLETED!*

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 am

Last image really caught my eye, keep pushing cause it's looking great!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:44 am

[QUOTE=MelVin] Last image really caught my eye, keep pushing cause it's looking great![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Trying my best while learning C2 at the same time :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Ubi is fantastic,,,,, Amazing immersion and fun,,,,
Ubi in the ouya!!!!!!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:48 pm

After watching the snow level video (Great work getting Ubi to walljump, BTW! :D), I wondered how the full game will be paced.

Is it going to be like:
Mario: Progressively more difficult levels
Kirby: Main game is relatively easy, but the challenge is in collecting everything
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 am

I got my ouya devkit 2 days ago and am working on creating a plugin for phonegap to get construct2 working properly with the ouya controllers and purchasing.

The default browser on the OUYA has webgl disabled but I was able to get decent FPS with my project.

Might be worth sharing experiences when your OUYA arrives and you start integrating with construct2
B

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 am

Please create an official post, a blog, a community website, really whatever it takes to keep us posted about it.

I think the topic it s pretty hot.

Can you share some more thoughts about C2 and Ouya?

did you experienced the usual sound issues/ freezing issues that many c2 exported games have on android?

do you think that it could be possible to have a c2 game running as good as a native language developed game on Ouya?

have you tried to access a C2 game though the ouya browser and see what happen?

I think many users would be interested knowing this...

thank you
B

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:17 pm

The game will be paced more like Mario in terms of levels getting progressively more difficult. But there is an item collecting factor in the game to earn keys to unlock special doors and get access to sealed off stores with items you can buy. things like that. I think overall though, the game will be pretty difficult.

ABOUT THE OUYA

I haven't been home yet to see if I've received my dev kit. I've been out of town. I can't wait to get home to play around with everything. I'm a bit nervous about whether or not Super Ubi Land will even function on the device without HUGE tweaks to the game itself. So I may have to have Super Ubi Land redone in Unity then ported to android to work on the OUYA. Hopefully that won't be the case in the end, but it's def looking like it.

Any support to get C2 working properly with OUYA without having to only make SIMMPPPLEE games will be great. Besides, people want to play console style games on the OUYA right? Not simple mobile type games. I think that's the selling point. So i'd def want to make more complex games for the OUYA.

We'll see...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I would not worry. My pathetic little game that was built with phonegap and is multiplayer works great. I still need to add FPS to the display to see what its really doing, but it appears to be running fine. I'm going to try cocoonjs next and should see even better performance.

I would like to know how you implement the controls of the controller. So far i have have had no time to mess around with it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:06 am

That is the point, develop a game that it can be worth playing with a controller.

I like 2d games in general, there are even some types of games that personally i like better in 2d than 3d.

Ashley created a great piece of software in my opinion, in one week or so i was able to set a game exactly as i wanted.

Though, the fact that html5 is not mature and you dont get the same quality when you compile it to other file format (bugs, sound issues, crashes) it makes html5 at least now not so appealing.

shame because construct2 it s simple the best 2d game editor on the marke imho

please keep us posted about your game and ouya

cheers
B

Post » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm

The story in Super Ubi Land will be told in children's book style illustrations.

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations